TN: 2015 Kirkland Signature Cotes du Rhone Villages.

Here`s one for all you Costco shoppers! This board has a thread that discusses various wines that are available at Costco throughout the USA. I picked my CdR up here in the Edmonton area for $12 Cdn, a steal for this area of AB.

TN: 2015 Kirkland Cotes du Rhone Villages.

Nice mid-depth of color. Diam seal, opened one hour, attractive aromas after an hour with plum, blackberry, cherry, “not a lot of heat” from across the table in my igloo!
Thought the wine might take some time to open up, in fact it showed more complexity on the finish on day 2. Initial entry thought was some tannins, dry, earthy, black fruits, very fair acidity. More pepper on day 2 and bigger length with just a hint of ripeness. Think I will rebuy and put aside for a year or so, this is a very good vintage eh
Good quality red here, went well with meatballs and penne pasta .

You’re getting raped on the price: $7 in the US.

It’s good though, supposedly Patric Lesec picked the barrels from Estraguesz (sp?) village grapes.

The last time we had a bottle, it lasted about as long as a Milk Bone at low altitude in this house.

Just bought one yesterday for $6.99 will try soon.
So far the $9.99 2013 Alexander Valley Cab is the leader in the clubhouse for best QPR from Costco.