TN: 2014 Domaine Billaud-Simon Chablis Grand Cru Les Preuses

• 2014 Domaine Billaud-Simon Chablis Grand Cru Les Preuses - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis Grand Cru (1/15/2017)
    Wonderfully restrained yet piercing aromas of fresh lemon, iodine and white flowers. It has volume yet you feel every rocky bump. It is chewy and tart and your tongue involuntarily clicks against the roof of your mouth such is the wines chalkiness.

Posted from CellarTracker

Seems like B-S is making some top tier wines these days. Nice note.

Good to know…bought some!

no B-S. making great wines and the MdT was the canary in the coal mine.

Ditto!

what’s it cost now?

Never really bought this producer before this year, but have been buying. next question is–what’s their premox record?

$80-90ish here.

I think it was around $80 from K&L.

Definitely appreciate the note Jeremy and everyone’s comments. B-S is one of the few upper-tier producers that we do get consistent availability for in Ontario. I have been picking a couple up here and there, I don’t think the 14s have hit here yet, but I will keep my eyes peeled for sure.

Haere Ra,

Mike

Erwan Faiveley was on Levi Dalton’s podcast recently and mentioned that Faiveley acquired Billaud-Simon a few years ago. Not sure that it would/could have impacted this bottle, but one would assume that increased investment and resources might favorably benefit this producer going forward…

Interesting that this was one producer that Premier Cru seemed to actually get, in large quantities. Couple of times I went in to PC to pick up bottles, there were stacks of Billaud-Simon boxes, and wines they packed for pick up used a lot of these boxes. Must have been a big dump of some wines when Faiveley took over.

Purchased a good amount of their 2012 and 2014’s and was very pleased with the '12 that we tried.

Cheers!
Marshall

That’s a good bet…