TN: 1999 Salon Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut (France, Champagne)

• 1999 Salon Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut - France, Champagne (1/15/2017)
    Getting better…powerful elegance, crisp and refreshing citrus, bursting bubbles, creamy marzipan mousse, ginger, green apple skin tartness. Love the intermingle play with the pretty flower florals and a little smoke and lees! Saline minerality…sea air, lemon squeeze, vanilla…really a joy to sip on! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

bought a maggie of this puppy recently, I’m thinking it’ll be good for a long while. One of the best 99s

Blanc de Blancs are generally the stars of the vintage. Clos des Goisses is one of the exceptions. That said, while I like the '99 Salon, I think it should be better.

I went heavy on the 99 Salon and glad I did. In addition to being great Champagne it is also our Son’s birth year.

Just opened one last month and loved it. Happy to have more for future pleasure:

1999 SALON CUVEE S LE MESNIL BLANC de BLANC- 750 ml; many will say this was way young and not close to its maximum potential; for me, the pleasure factor was very high and yes, it can definitely benefit from some more time in the bottle, but Im happy with the joy this bottle gave and do not regret opening it; there was bright acidity, fresh and expansive citrus fruit with an emphasis on lemon lime; ginger and spicy toasted brioche notes add to the pleasing taste profile and it kept on unfolding and giving; its really fine now with finesse, charm and elegance; I anticipate it to be fabulous in years to come.