Recommendations on a 300+ bottle unit wine fridge?

My local storage sent a blanket notice to its customers that it is closing its facility closest to me. Asshats only giving us 60 days notice, the real angst with me is that I took down another locker within the past month and not a soul told me what they had planned. I then spent a couple afternoons reorganizing all my lockers. Cannot express how pissed I am at them.

So I’m debating moving half to their other storage - hate sending them more business but we have no other options in Orlando that I’m aware of. It’s not close to my house, so may use it for the long-term stuff and move all the mid-term stuff to my house in a wine fridge. Was contemplating a build-out but my wife wants to move over the next few years, so this seems like the most practical solution.

Any recommendations on a solid brand that can hold around 300-350 or so bottles? I already have two smaller fridges for near-term consumption wines and then keep my whites in a garage fridge, so only need a single-zone unit. I see that Wine Enthuiast carries EuroCave and N’finity with free storage. Heard good things about the former brand, nothing about the later. Any other recommendations, including places like WE that sell and deliver without gouging?

Thanks all!

Robert

If no one posts, I know there are a few old posts on this subject. Might be worth a search in the interest of time.

Consider the Artevino through Costco

1 Like

Hah, too funny you posted, because searching for a wine fridge was the first thing I did after reading that email. Costco has a few units around 300 bottles for around $2K. I’ll be surprised if I do not end up with one of those.

Good thing we drive SUV’s. We will need them to haul all that wine out of there.

Here’s one string. Looking to purchase medium-sized wine fridge. - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

For what it is worth, I bought a ~100 unit one from Costco a few years back. For the life of me cant recall the name, but pretty sure it was a Vinotemp, but never had any issues with it. Though, I did tip it on its side once when setting up and it made all sorts of crazy noises. Good thing Costco has a no questions asked exchange policy.

Ian, me you and MarcF need to bitch. I am demanding that they move my wine for me. I’m livid nobody said a word to me as I bought and filled yet a new locker this past month. I was so proud of my organization!

Let’s go check out those ones at Costco. The Artevino looks decent. I don’t want to spend a fortune as realistically my wife and I move in a couple years and I would like to do a build-in.

I am a died in the wool Eurocave man myself. Wouldn’t have anything else but it isn’t the least expensive option.

Fixed that for you. [cheers.gif]

I’ve been eyeing the following from Le Cache:
Le Cache 2400

Le Cache Vault

Robert, I have been storing wines in Tampa, at West Palm Wines for ten years. Great guys. They also have a great old and rare room. I can hook you up with Jim or Mark if you’re interested. Its no nonsense and easy access on 22nd street where a ton of great Cuban restaurants are located.

1 Like

The best one is my liver. Let me know if you would like me to store some bottles for you :wink:

1 Like

Had really bad experience with N’finity, its Chinese made crap. I would avoid if you can.

Eyeball craigslist for a used one. I bought a used Vinotemp 500 bottle unit for $500 off Craigslist. The owner thought it needed a cooling unit so he sold it cheap. The unit ran and leaked water but didn’t cool. Turned out to be plugged with dust. Think used, especially since you plan a built in in a couple years.

I don’t blame you. I would be pissed too. The only reason I am not is because I was already considering a move to a large unit at home. How many units does Marc have? Between the three of us, we may have more than 10% of their total storage.

Were I in your shoes, I would not want them to move them (would you really trust them?). But I sure as heck would be asking for a few months of free rent.

I used Costco and bought this one
https://www.costco.com/Wine-Enthusiast-Giant-300-Right-hinged-Single-zone-Free-standing-Wine-Cellar.product.100131680.html

I used their “white glove delivery” and have lived happily ever after.

Well, I was all ready to write a post about how pleased I am with my Vinotheque, but just went to their website, and there’s a notice that they’re no longer making wine cabinets. That said, I’ve been happy with my unit for the past several years (has a WhisperKool a/c), which holds ~320 bottles of mixed shape and size.

2nd le cache. I prefer it to my eurocave.

Cool, that’s a definite option. Thanks for the link.
They also have this one:

https://www.costco.com/Vinotemp-300-Bottle-Dual-Zone-Wine-Cooler-%7c-VT-300-SS-2Z.product.100178048.html

I have a Liebherr WKt 6451 GrandCru which can keep more than 300 bottles, very reliable and excellent for long term aging. It can withstand the heat and humidity in Singapore, so should be fine for Central Florida.

Le Cache. Still as sad today as the day I sold it over four years ago. Amazing unit.