Myriad 2017 Spring/Summer

Just got the save the date email from Myriad.

Anyone have info on the “Portfolio” Cabernet ? Edit: nevermind, just realized that means the GIII, NV cab, and 3 Twins.

The email:

Save The Dates

We are pleased to announce the 2017 release schedule of the Myriad Cellars Cabernets and Syrahs. These releases are divided into three distinct offerings showcasing our Syrah, Dr. Crane Cabernets and Portfolio Cabernets separately. Mother nature delivered a stunning yet ‘slight’ twenty-fifteen vintage. Yields are approximately 25-30% shy this year, and thus allocations and case production reflect this. We thank you for your continued support and look forward sharing our small-lot and hand-crafted wines with you.

Myriad Cellars 2017 Release Schedule

2015 Myriad Cellars Syrah/ Semillon Release
Tuesday, January 24th - Previous Buyers Allocation
Tuesday, January 31st - Open Release

2015 Myriad Cellars Dr. Crane/ Elysian Cabernet Release
Tuesday, March 14th - Previous Buyers Allocation
Tuesday, March 21st - Open Release

2015 Myriad Cellars Portfolio Cabernet Release
Tuesday, June 13th - Previous Buyers Allocation
Tuesday, June 20th - Open Release

The 2015 vintage was a year of no extremes or surprises, everything just rocked along beautifully. The quality of fruit was outstanding with shy yields; dark extraction, intense aromatics and great fruit character prevailed Nicely described as taking the best of the of 2012 and 2013 vintages and combining them together.

We are absolutely delighted you are enjoying our wines. If you have any questions, please contact us at info@myriadcellars.com or 707.287.1630. We are always happy to hear from you. Tasting notes, vineyard information and reviews will be available at http://www.myriadcellars.com.

May you and your families enjoy the happiest of holidays and as always a ‘Myriad’ thanks for your support.

Sorry for the lack of formatting.

Received release email today:

Syrah Release
January 24th, 2017 @ 10am
Dear Friends,

We are looking forward to the exciting release of our 2015 Myriad Cellars Syrahs. Watch your inbox on January 24th for our release and news about these outstanding wines.

The Myriad Cellars ‘Previous Buyers’ Syrah Release will begin January 24th, 2017 at 10am. The wines below will be available on a first-come, first-served basis to our loyal supporters for one week. All wines will then open to the entire mailing list beginning January 31st at 10am. Our production remains small and hand-crafted. Quantities are very limited this year as harvest yields were down 25-30%.

Our Syrah portfolio continues to impress customers and critics across the US. Recently catching the eye and palate of acclaimed Wine Advocate Critic Jeb Dunnuck this year as Northern California’s most outstanding Syrahs. Mike continues his focus on esteemed vineyards in both warm and cool climate regions, highlighting his natural winemaking style and small lot attention to detail.

We look forward to seeing you on January 24th!

A Three Bottle Minimum will apply to all orders (yes, mix & match is ok)
Mixed Syrah Case Special - Free Shipping*

2015 Myriad Cellars Syrah Release
2015 Myriad Cellars Sangiacomo Vineyard Syrah, Petaluma Gap, Sonoma $45
2015 Myriad Cellars Halcon Vineyard Syrah, Yorkville Highlands, Mendocino $45
2015 Myriad Cellars 100% Whole Cluster Las Madres Vineyard Syrah Esther Block’, Napa Valley $48
2015 Myriad Cellars Las Madres Vineyard ‘Esther Block’ Syrah, Carneros $45
2016 Myriad Cellars McGah Family Vineyard Semillon, Napa Valley $26
2016 Myriad Cellars Tofanelli Vineyard ‘Old Vine’ Semillon, Napa Valley $26
Special Offer: Mixed Case with Free shipping: 6 btls Sangiacomo, 2 btls Las Madres, 2 bottles Las Madres Whole Cluster & 2 btls Halcon Syrah $546

Offer open

Anyone buying? Thinking of passing and allocating towards portfolio cabs.

I love the ability to click for the “case” selection, then adding whites!

People should not overlook Myriad white wines.

I bought some, always one of my favorite Syrah producers in all of CA and more than fairly priced considering the quality.

Same here!!!

I got purple feet treading that Halcon, damned right I’m in!

After some thought, just decided to pull the trigger on a few. I only got a handful last time and drank through it… figure that’s a pretty good rationale to get some more.

No sooner than I put my order in on the Halcon than I read this… Tasting note five years from now might read: “Sweat sock aromas gives it accents of the Rhone. Has a certain earthiness to it. Mushrooms perhaps, but the characteristic black olive shine through in the end.” Score - size 11. [pillow-fight.gif] [drinkers.gif]

I took at early look at a 2013 Esther Block and reviewing my notes led me to put in for a couple of those too.

These syrahs are really high quality for the money. The semillon is also very good. He has really good fruit sites.

I bought a half case from this offer last time and upped to a case based on beauty and high quality. The whole cluster from last year was phenomenal. These are beautiful wines that never lose their aromatic depth and savoriness despite being California. I don’t buy other “big name” syrahs like Alban and Saxum so would curious to hear how those compare.
Edit: typo

I bought a mixed case of syrahs. I’ve never had one, but apparently I ordered last year. Looking forward to trying them. I must have a shipper somewhere with some 2014s in it. Must find the box. Anyhow, the price point is attractive and Mike Smith is a great winemaker, so it is virtually impossible to go wrong.

I bought 3 of each Semillon for a total of 6 whites. Love these in the summer with some seafood by the pool!

I have enough syrah for me for now. (Some previous Myriad releases.)

In for the mixed case of syrahs, great deal with $1 shipping.

I’m in for the Halcon and the Whole Cluster Las Madres. I’ll go deeper on the Cab offering. Mike and Leah are great people not to mention the excellent wine they make!!!

Amen to that!!!

Make nice wine and prices are fair. Can’t ask for any more than that.