T/N: '11 Sojourn Gaps Crown Pinot Noir

• 2011 Sojourn Pinot Noir Gap’s Crown Vineyard Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (12/5/2016)
    When I read that the 2014 was #35 on the Wine Spectator Top 100, I decided to pop my 2011 with dinner. It’s been over 3 years since my last bottle. This is a dark color wine. Very un-pinoish looking. There were no tannins present. It was rich, somewhat chewy, smooth, and ready to go at pop n pour. I’m glad that I tasted this rather than wait. Some taste of berries. I’ve always said that I love Sojourn wines with some age, and this bottle continued to prove the point. On Day 2, there was no improvement. The wine tasted as good as it did on pop n pour on the first day!

Sojourn was the first list that I signed up for. I’ve been drinking Gaps every vintage since 2007. This is an impressive wine. Craig, congrats on the 2014. (94 pts.)

• 2011 Sojourn Pinot Noir Gap’s Crown Vineyard Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (1/25/2013)
    My favorite of the Pinot collection. It was darker than the Sonoma Coast pinot. On the first taste, this was ready for business. It’s a crime that the wine was that good on P’n’P (pop and pour). It gave me something to look forward to. Silky and elegant. I’ve been drinking Gap’s Crown for a few years, and the '11 was the best of the lot. Looking forward to opening a bottle in 2015. 94/95 (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I opened my first one of these recently. I really liked it but it is on the big side of what I look for in pinot. It reminded me more of Santa Rita Hills than Sonoma.