2011 Siduri Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir

As some short/boring guy says, Unca’ Sid can do it right. This is great stuff for those seeking tone and balance in a lithe package.

December 5, 2016 - Hard candy and some earth on the nose, musky tones. Cranberry and light cherry on the palate, faint pine needle, sappy, touch prickly, with this gorgeous pinot tone that carries on and on and is defined by a very savory impression. It is simultaneously gulpable with refreshing acidity and almost meaty character. Medium light body, perfect balance. At peak if you ask me. At $25 I buy cases. Man I love me some 2011 pinot. Solid A.

Kenny, good to see you a few weeks ago. Stay in touch and let us know when you be around again next time. And, post more TNs like this one. We could use your CA voice around here.

Thanks for the note, Kenny!

Thanks for the note. I’m excited to see what Adam does with some of his new vineyard sources and the extra time in the vineyards and cellar this year.

Thanks, Kenny. Siduri’s Sonoma pinot is an annual buy for me - incredible value AND always tasty.

Thanks Frank! It was pretty special to get together with you guys after all this time. That xxx-Montrachet was stunning! As you can imagine, no wine groups in small town Iowa so I don’t get to taste near the variety I had, which is the reason my notes I have tailed off. They are confined to my cellar and that is boring. But this wine gave me a little nudge reminding me of that which we seek, so I felt compelled. I will try a bit more. Look forward to the next!

Good to know, guys, thanks. We shall visit Siduri on our trip to Napa / Sonoma next month, where we’re seeking out some new Pinots…

Alex, drop me an email at adam.lee@siduri.com and I will set you up.

Adam Lee