Vesting with 4 Graces, Rhys and Dehlinger

This weekend I was fortunate to have achieved 10 years of tenure with my employer and vesting on all of my retirement benefits so it was time to celebrate.

Friday night at Bistro 7 I enjoyed a glass of 2014 4 Graces WV PN. Fragrant and smooth this was an enjoyable PN that is drinking well now.

On Saturday with citrus marinated grilled salmon 2009 Rhys Horseshoe Chardonnay rocked. After some airing the wine gushed with hazelnuts, lemon, wet earth and minerals along with guiding acidity. Still years to go but I enjoy California in their mid phase to appreciate the lingering fruit. One of my 2 top Chards this year, a brilliant wine.

On Sunday we had more grilled salmon with an exotic mushroom sauce. 2006 Dehlinger Reserve PN was much more expressive than another bottle opened 3 months ago. More mature with red fruits, savory spices, leafy earth and medium plus body and solid acidity. The bouquet was also thrilling. Probably the best maturing Dehlinger PN in my experience.

Good on you! That Reserve 06 Dehlinger is certainly shining, we had one this summer.

Four Graces is an under the radar winery. It is now owned by Bill Foley, new NHL owner in Las Vegas. I visited the winery in 2013 and liked everything. The whites (pinot gris and pinot blanc) are very nice. What is amazing about Four Graces is that it is widely distributed in Asia. Who’d a thunk it? They must have some aggressive distributors; it’s all over.

Yes 4 Graces PB is very good. All over Reno too.