TN: 2014 Franchere Syrah Havlin Vineyard Willamette Valley

• 2014 Franchere Syrah Havlin Vineyard Willamette Valley - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (11/19/2016)
    Dark ruby, purple, loganberry nose. Dry medium blue and purple fruits, loganberry, marionberry, and some olive brine, earth and leather for interest, medium body, light acid compliments the fruit giving freshness, some chewy tannins bracket the fruit. Not super complex, but well balanced with a soft mouth feel, somewhat restrained in a cool climate style that I find drinking very pleasantly in contrast to the fruity renditions from warm climate areas. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker
I opened a bottle about a month ago which I thought needed more age to soften some hard edges. It seems unlikely such a change has occurred so soon, perhaps some bottle variation.

• 2014 Franchere Syrah Havlin Vineyard Willamette Valley - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (8/20/2017)
    Inky dark ruby with bramble, Marion berry nose. Dry with a nice acid tart red berry, bolder body and fruit than most of the OR Syrah I have tasted, not overly fruity with the acid and not austere or restrained. Falling into a middle ground and well balanced that should be enjoyable to both ends of the spectrum. Tart Marion berry pie in a glass, some balsam, mossy forest notes with well integrated tannins. Drinking very well now, lip smacking good. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker