Old Vines at Franchettis' Post Mortem

Moving this from the Offline Planner to Wine Talk to share the wines we had. Anyone want to chime in with some notes, feel free. Fairly strong lineup. The Swan and Edmeades were doa while the '86 and '93 Old Hill were tired and uninspiring likely due to provenance but otherwise it was a pretty strong showing. Hard to go wrong regardless. Enjoy!

Another successful Old Vines Offline last night. 12 winos, 18 open bottles, some gems, some duds, some great food and great company. I saw Richard taking notes so I expect him to post them eventually.

My faves of the night '05 Tom Feeney from Carlisle and Williams-Selyem, '93 Ridge Lytton Springs, '04 and '97 Scherrer Shale Terrace, '04 Radio Coteau Von Weidlich and the '05 Turley 101. Lots more showing well including the '12 Picchetti. The '86 and '93 Ravenswood Old Hills were just there and not doing anything exciting. The Dunnewood Charbono was tasty as was the Kalin Semillon.

The restaurant worked great and they invited us back, weird I know. The addition of the ping pong table was strong! Props to the Stonekings for representing SoCal and Mike Dildine for making the trek up the coast. Congratulations to Nick and Lara on their engagement. Thanks to everyone for coming and bringing great wines, except for Richard [whistle.gif] [wink.gif] , it was memorable as always.

The dead soldier lineup

Drunk Berserker Ping Pong!

Motley Crew

Another great evening with the Old Vine nuts.

I bought the 75 Swan from an online auction. It was quite clear it was stored badly. Very bad because I have heard great things about this vintage bottling.

Back to searching for another bottle of 75.