Bedrock Winter 2016 Release

As expected the release will be 11/15, received the save the date email today.

Morgan had said in another thread that the wines will “likely include 2015 North Coast Syrah, 2015 Monte Rosso Zinfandel, 2015 Carlisle Zinfandel, 2015 Oakville Farmhouse Heritage Wine, 2015 Compagni Portis Heritage Wine, 2015 Nervo Ranch Heritage Wine, 2015 Ode to Lucien, and perhaps either 2015 Montecillo Cabernet or 2015 Drummond’s Petite Sirah though these are babies (our first Pets from the old vines at Eaglepoint Ranch and Palisades Vineyard).”

Looks like they may have decided to hold back on the Montecillo and Drummond’s and instead will be releasing Pagani and the Nouveau.

Discuss [cheers.gif]

What are the prices normally for these?

I see a 6-pack in my future.

There are some traditionally very strong performers in this release.

From the email
“It will be a pretty lovely set of wines, including our third iteration of the amazing Oakville Farmhouse Vineyard, Carlisle Zinfandel, Monte Rosso Zinfandel, Pagani Ranch Heritage, Nervo Ranch Heritage, Compagni Portis white, our Bandol-rouge tribute Ode to Lucien and North Coast Syrah. It will also include a small amount of a “Nouveau” style wine from the 2016 vintage made from ancient Cinsault from Bechtold Vineyard in Lodi and Esola Vineyard in Amador County. Imagine, a Bedrock wine that you are encouraged to pull the cork on as fast as possible!”

I’m in for some of everything, minus the syrah. I know many here would disagree (including Parker apparently given the recent 100 pointers) but I think Morgan and Chris realy shine with the zin/blends and their whites.

And another plug for the Campagni-Portis. Even if you’re not a huge white wine drinker, this one’s not to be missed.

As always, pumped for the new release.

I’m excited about the Nouveau. I like the Bechtold Cinsault that Turley makes, so it will be interesting to compare.

How will you keep this to 6?!

Angry wife. :wink:

Really, it’s a new baby (third kid) = new van = new car payment = no wine budget.

I’m really looking forward to the Nouveau. Bedrock wines are excellent at striking the balance between being fruit-forward and pleasing the crowd that wants more balance and finesse. Should be a lot of fun in a nouveau style wine.

Will be interested in what Morgan says about the Nouveau. There are only limited CT notes on the '15.

Anyone have any preferences among the heritage wines?

FYI, I believe this is technically the “winter” release.

Went light on the North Coast Syrah last year. After cracking one I realized my mistake and ended up picking up more from K&L for a few bucks more. Great weeknight wine and of the better values I’ve found from reading this board. Won’t let it happen again.

My situation as well. Debating if a case will be enough…

I had to pass the last two releases due to vacation and house renovations. I am in the midst of two bathroom renovations as we speak and it is a big enough project that i figure I should be able hide the cost of a case of wine in “miscellaneous”. If not, I can always claim it as therapy and my wife will go along with it.

Last years Nouveau was quite bright and edgy. I think I still have one somewhere that should have been drunk already. Maybe I’ll bring it to the Old Vines Offline on Saturday.

• 2015 Bedrock Wine Co. Zinfandel Nouveau Esola - USA, California, Sierra Foothills, Amador County (1/31/2016)
    Pours transparent ruby about 1/2 way between a pale Pinot Noir and a rosé. Nose is cherry lifesaver, red vines and walking into the front door of a florist. Pretty and sweet.
    Palate is light, fresh, lifted cherry lifesaver, tart bright red fruit. Tannins are present but fine and a bit sharp finishing with a bitter note. Very Beaujolais-like which obviously is their intent. I can see why they are doing this as a by-the-glass wine as it would be a perfect aperitif but lacks the complexity to be paired with a meal.

Posted from CellarTracker

The Monte Rosso was being poured on pick-up day and was really an eye opener. I made a note to buy. I never miss the Oakville Farmhouse or the Pagani for that matter. This is the toughest release for me personally because I like all the wines so much. First world problems I know.

Technically the Monte Rosso isn’t a Heritage, but a single vineyard Zin. newhere

Sadly this would be my first purchase directly from Bedrock so I’m stuck in the penalty box until the 22nd. Please save me a few… =)