Fun dinner at Osso -- Gaudichots, Amoureuses, Ceritas, Wendouree, Selyem Allen, Tyrrell's private

2009 Tyrrell’s was Jonno’s, a private bin --party in a glass, very complex and gangly, outstanding

Ceritas was 2008 Porter-Bass chardonnay, one of the very best chards I’ve ever had from anywhere, starts out like Chablis but it’s very deep especially with oysters

1996 Vogue Amoureuses started out gentle then grew and grew, a full Burgundy experience and its femininity a good match for the finer but leaner Gaudichots

2002 Potel Gaudichots had a shorter finish at first then it became feminine great Burg, very elegant and fine with a haunting ethereal spice

1999 Wendouree Cab-Malbec: in a perfect place, structure hidden until a couple of hours of air and even then the tannin was gentle and fine – on the palate perfectly balanced, a spicy/savory/uniquely Wendouree hallmark with the fruit, just wow, the most fully expressed wine of the night – very reminiscent of style but not flavor of the 2001 Paloma cabernet I had last week – the Wendouree and Paloma might change my palate for New World cabernet, really beautiful wines, not heavy, but full, and with their own unique identity

1995 Williams Selyem Allen was in (happily) perfect shape, flavor a little old at first but that went away, outstanding and held its own in this company because of the perfect acidity, but subtly on the New World side, spice a little bigger than the Burgs and everything just slightly more obvious

Rose’ of Sangiovese made by Kevin’s friend fresh, vinous, full, no extra sugar, excellent