TN: 2014 Once & Future Wine Zinfandel Old Vine Bedrock Vineyard

2014 Once & Future Wine Zinfandel Old Vine Bedrock Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Valley (10/25/2016)
For a young wine this sure brought back a lot of memories. One sip and I was transported to the mid-1990s, when I first had Ravenswood single vineyard Zinfandels. The purity and grace were replicated in this old vine, Bedrock vineyard gem. Red cherry and wild berry mingled with herbal and wild aromatics that conjured up a warm day on a hillside, surrounded by brush and ripening berries. It was a Proustian feeling, as I could nearly feel the warm sun, and recall the aromas as they were when picking wild fruit on the sides of bare mountain ski slopes. It was almost unnerving.

Well endowed with red fruit, the wine also possessed a tannic spine that emerged more as time went on. Having now had the Zin once, I will wait for some future days, a few years ahead, for another bottle.

Posted from CellarTracker

Beautiful note, thx.

Awesome note David. Can’t wait for mine to finally arrive once the weather cools down

Thanks for your notes!

Countdown to the next Once and Future release continues…“Oakley Road” Mataro is coming!

Fantastic note, David! Thank you.

I opened one a couple of weeks ago and immediately wished that I had maxed out my allocation.

Don’t touch the petite! It is huge and disjunctive at this point

Ha! I had one right when the wines were released. First night was quite good. Second night it was much more tannic.

I’ve buried my Zins and PS’s deep in the cellar. I found the Zin way too young and almost undrinkable. I think these need years yet.

Weather has finally cooled down here in AZ and shipments are starting to trickle in, so I had to pop one of these bad boys (not that I don’t trust all of you…just had to sample one).

I admit this is young, but I really, really enjoyed it, and actually found it fairly approachable (particularly on day 2). Totally 'old school" zin kinda feel with the weight, texture, and flavor profiles. Very happy I have a few more, and you can count me in for going even deeper on the next offering in the spring.

Personally I’m not touching these until year 5. Happy to hear that they are already bringing happiness to people though.

I hear ya. That was my initial thought…but it was too damn tempting not to pop one.

Honestly glad I did. Way more approachable than I expected, but there’s definite upside to holding.

Rich, between you and me, I’d open a bottle of it if someone dared me to do it. There I said it and I feel liberated.

The wines are built to go decades. Let them evolve.

I double dog dare you! [stirthepothal.gif]

I thought the zin was definitely the more approachable of the two right now.

Well. Now you’ve been triple Dogg dared.

Excited to hear your note :slight_smile:

Sonofabitch I’ll do it!!

The internet needs more bullying like this. I’ll post my note after I stick the landing. Probably be Thursday or Friday.

Drink! Drink! Drink!

Come Thursday I’ll be drinking to defend my online honor. I hope and pray my actions will help usher in a new era of WineBerserker dispute resolution.