Auction houses, mailing-list wineries, and offsite wine storage facilities.

Could interstate purchase or shipment restrictions apply to these national businesses, which sell, store, or ship wines
interstate on behalf of retailer customers? My fear is that wholesalers and retailers may push states to do so.

Not sure what your question is but presumably if you ship to storage, it’s a shipment to yourself which would be allowed. The storage site isn’t taking title. Preventing a winery from shipping to their customers was found to be a violation of the commerce clause.

Consumers have recently received letters from the legal department of one major shipping service, to cease and desist personal wine shipments, unless proof of state licensing.

I thought that was people shipping to other people. Not to themselves?

My understanding is that the letters were broad enough to forbade either shipping or receiving, and either intrastate or interstate.

Those are retailers that received those letters, not wineries.

There’s currently no major auction house that will ship to IL. I spent this morning on the phone with three of them trying to arrange alternate options.

Winebid, at least according to their website, will ship to IL.

They have a site near Chicago, so I can just pick up there. HDH is, of course and thankfully, still an option as well, but those are about it and it’s only because they have a physical presence here. I suppose TCWC would, but I’ve never bought from them.