TN: 2006 Williams Selyem Pinot Noir Rochioli Riverblock Vineyard

• 2006 Williams Selyem Pinot Noir Rochioli Riverblock Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (10/22/2016)
    From a 3L, #9 of 10 produced.
    God how I wish there were a corkscrew for large formats. Fought this for a while as the center pulled out of the cork but a subsequent pull from the side did the trick.
    Really enjoyable bottle. Nose packed with rose petals and strawberry preserves. Elegant and sultry at the same time. Soft strawberry palate backed up with juicy acidity, wet stone minerality and dusty tannins. Just starting to show some secondary flavor characteristics. Going strong at this point in time. Best of all I have a new doorstop!
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice notes and a great buy. How do you come about discovering a 3L was even available?

Wow! Great notes on a unique bottle.

Did you move to Fresno?

You get lucky. I was perusing WineBid for large formats for yesterdays event, my Step-Daughters wedding, when I came across this bottle. Ended up being an uncontested purchase.

It says Podunk, not Hell. rolleyes [basic-smile.gif]

Terrific bottle, and a W-S 2.0 vineyard I have really enjoyed in a few other vintages. I don’t think I have had the 06.

Five years ago I opened a 750 of the '06 that I had bought when I was on the WS list. Looking back at my note it was showing similar to this bottle “Really enjoyable” although now setting down a bit.

• 2006 Williams Selyem Pinot Noir Rochioli Riverblock Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (2/12/2011)
    Valentines Dinner at Ca’ Bianca. Decanted for 45 minutes or so. Light cranberry color, nose of strawberries, cherries and cinnamon. Light to medium on the palate but mouth coating texture nonetheless that was luscious and shared some red cherry, raspberry, bright acidity, spice, minerality and a touch of cola. Medium long finish with silky smooth tannins. Really enjoyable wine. Must have been the right night for it as the couple at the table next to us brought the same bottle with them.

Posted from CellarTracker

Great note.

9 of 10, 7 of 9, all wonderful!

Very nice!