Champagne Day= Friday, October 21

In case you need an excuse to drink some fine champagne, there is actually a day set aside to celebrate the finest of bubbles. This year it is this coming Friday, October 21.

For those who are tuned in and plan to participate, what are you going to open? Or if your response is after Friday, what did you open?

Cheers
IMG_0887.jpg

Along with a whole bunch of other great things at a friend’s on Friday, I’ll be bringing this:

One of my all time favorites!

Good choice,just put one of these in the chiller.

Blake, I cannot wait… literally… I’m drinking the stuff every night. Tonight it was a really beautiful PJ extra brut rose nv. Last night a stunning, and I mean, stunning Salon 2004, Night before Rodederer Starck brut nature 2006, before that it was Ruinart 2004 BdB. I’ve been online all day searching for more good stuff. Just bought Doquet and Tattinger comte and rose… I might need help. I will be certain to imbibe on the 21st

Charlie, you are drinking well and often and really do not need a day set aside to enjoy fine bubbly as is also the case with me. My wife and I refer to Friday as champagne Friday and when we have champagne on another day, that day becomes champagne …

It just so happens this year`s Champagne Day is on a Friday.

BTW, please post your notes on the Salon. Ive enjoyed the others you refer to, but have not ventured into the 04 Salon waiting for it to evolve.

I might pop the cork with breakfast champagne.gif

Reminds me of my now deceased friend, winemaker Chris Whitcraft, who had t-shirts with his winery name and the saying, “Pinot Noir is just not just for breakfast anymore”. This is true for champagne too.

Blake I just put Salon note up. I’ll probably tone it down for tonight. Maybe a Ployez-Jacquemart extra brut rose.

Presently sipping on NV Roses de Jeanne Cote de Val Vilaine - crisp with apple and bready notes, ending with roasted almonds. A fresh tasting and delicious Champagne with just the right amount of complexity to make it interesting, and I wouldn’t have known it was Champagne day had I not seen this thread. Thank you!

Grabbed a simple Pol Roger Extra Cuvée de Reserve on the way home and cracked it while making dinner. Really one of the best big house Champagnes for my taste.

We popped a standard Vueve yellow.

Just some quick run of the mill BevMo sparklers, but I am along for the ride, too!

They had Moët Imperial, Perrier-Jouet Grand Brut, and Bollinger Special Cuvée on sale…all three out the door for under a C note!

Not to start a wine board Internet fight, but I like the Vueve yellow.

Cheers!

WIERD…drinking this right now…and that picture was taken EXACTLY a year ago today, at 4:23pm!!!
IMG_1310.JPG

Buzz. I like that coop. The vintage version can be very good.

2006 VC La Grande Dame

IMG_0770.JPG

A NV Gosset from a half that I’ve been sitting on for about four years. I’ve really enjoyed many of the NV/MV sparklers that I’ve allowed to age for a few years in the cellar, and this one also impressed.

For Champagne day 2009 Camille Savès Champagne Grand Cru Brut Millésimé Bouzy. Also doesn’t hurt that AT&T are in talks to buy Time Warner wohoo champagne.gif

image.jpeg
2011 crop, 2/15 disgorgement. I love this stuff.