TN: 2010 Ceritas Chardonnay Porter-Bass Vineyard

2010 Ceritas Chardonnay Porter-Bass Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (9/25/2016)
Light hay in color, shows wisps of toast on the nose, though this wine sees no new oak; medium intense, round, delicious fruit, there is good balancing acidity, though it is not prominent, finishes with a nice dose of umami richness, and just a hint of honeyed sweetness. Too easy to drink this in large gulps. (92 pts.)

This was the very first Ceritas wine I tasted and it was very convincing. They do seem to go through phases where the fruit retreats and some wood pokes out, even though it sees only aged barrels. Thanks for the update. Do you think more cellar time will lead to increased complexity with this one?

Me too, and I’ve been a buyer since that first sip. I think I have a couple of bottles of this one left, but I burned through many early, as it drank so well young.

Cheers,
Warren

Agreed on all counts here. Just a fantastic wine, for certain!

Marc, I guess none of us have a long enough track record with Ceritas to know for sure what these will do longer term. I do have a single bottle of the 2005 PB Chardonnay left (that was the first vintage), and I intend to drink that in the near future. But given that the winemaking has probably evolved at least a little over the intervening years, that may not tell us a lot. And of course it’s just a single bottle, subject to its own variation. All I can say is that the wines have continued to be fantastic with each new release [cheers.gif]