Profitable Purchases

What were some of your most profitable purchases you made which you actually turned into cash?

Oh goody, another flipper wanna-be.

Far from it. Don’t have the $$$

IRS troll.

champagne.gif champagne.gif

i tore down a pied-a-terre in paris, discovered some lafite engraved with “Th. J” ensconced in the walls, and sold it at auction for a cool couple mil. has financed my insatiable appetite for strippers over the past 30 years.

Never.

+1

Everybody loves Flipper!

Same. Maybe I’m doing something wrong…but I’ve never sold a single bottle.

Wine = for drinking at the Brown household.

Some Phillip Morris shares, and then after some splits/spinoffs/divs, it worked out ok. Would have still had them if it wasn’t for our employer frowning on tobacco stocks.

When I was 11 years old, I bought a WW2 gas mask at the 88 cent store. I kept it for a while and eventually took it to the flea market with my parents. The people next to us were selling flats of tomatoes and their son about my age really liked the gas mask. I told him he could have it for a flat of tomatoes. The deal done, I went home and packaged the tomatoes 4 to a bag and sold them door to door for $1.00 a bag. Made about $10.

Then there is arbitrage, which is a little like surfing. First you got to know which wave to look for. Then ride the hell out of it. The bikinis are on the beach, the sharks in the water. The beach is the goal line, the water, the court.

00’ Bordeaux, if you played it right, you made a bit of coin.

Those offers for 2000 Carruades for $452

Caymus 40th…

At least that’s what I should have bought.
Then I wouldn’t be tempted to drink my stash and it’d be easy to let go.

I know someone who sold many bottles of Lafite for a profit.

I bought some AAPL many years ago and then sold it. LTCGs galore!

Trollbait.

Andrew Kaufman is retired because he made so much !!! [snort.gif] [highfive.gif]