So what do you guys and gals want to argue about now?

We’ve done a few topics in the last few weeks that are getting stale, like:

• Does wine actually get better or not with age?
  • Does decanting help wine taste better?
  • Does glass shape have any influence on taste?

We need a fresh topic or two for the month of September. What would be appropriate? [snort.gif]

Is there a real difference in a $30 bottle and a $100 bottle? Does it depemd on your palate or is it a fact in the way the wine is made (vineyard, wine maker, new vs used ok)?

• Which wines taste better when corked?
  • The best simple aerator to hell with decanting?
  • Guess the year Cali Cab will have as much RS as Icewine?

Off the top of my head. [oops.gif] Couldn’t resist.

Yes, I do have the name of a wine that was better corked.
Haley’s corker

If temperature variation causes a wine to age prematurely, why not variate the temperature instead of waiting 30 years?

Why does a 93 pt pinot in Burgundy cost $180 but only cost $60 in the US?

2007 was the “vintage of the decade” in Napa. Which decade was that?

Trocken means ‘dry’ in german. So why are trockenbeerenausles not dry?

Is an aged Barolo ever on the downhill slide or will they live forever?

Have we done that AFWE v. purple drank one yet? Who won?

1. Development with wine is like human development: it comes slowly with the passage of time.
  2. Supply and demand or symbolism over substance.
  3. Moot since 2001 was clearly superior to 2007.
  4. It’s reference to the grapes being dry or dehydrated.
  5. With the new paradigm, they will probably live forever.

There are so many. Hasn’t been a “racked by the full moon” thread in a long time, for example.

The question was about aged Barolo, not marketing myths. And yet you can’t help but wheel out the new paradigm in your response. Regardless, let’s pull this one back a bit further. If the “new paradigm” you seem enamored with means more approachable Barolo in youth and wines that never really shut down then how do you defend your opinion that they will probably live forever? Old school “traditional” Barolo was an unapproachable tannic beast according to none other than AG, and according to him the Barolo made today is “not his father’s Barolo”. Given this how can you honestly believe this “new paradigm” will lead to immortal wine? If it truly is a different beast in bottle, and a new one none the less, how do you know where its future lies?

As you can see Dennis, my vote is for a thread on the “new paradigm” (TM, reserved, patent pending, etc) in Barolo. I’m still not sure what it even means, so I can’t honestly get behind it.

I’m more concerned about whether the fruit was harvested with the Moon opposite Saturn myself Alan! [bye.gif]

http://www.cullenwines.com.au/product/2015-mangan-vineyard-moon-opposite-saturn-harvest-sauvignon-blanc/

Full disclosure, I like Cullen wines. I just can’t wrap my head around this level of, well, I’m not sure what to call it. Is it even Biodynamics?

Tipping etiquette? newhere

Will vacuum sealing your wine prevent premox?

If a bottle falls from a cellar shelf and breaks, but there is no one there to realize it, did it still make a mess?

Whether “gals” is offensive?

That’s strictly Katrina’s and Siun’s territory. If it is deemed offensive, than “guys” is too.

In essence, Beerenauslese means individual bunch selected late harvest (auslese means selected late harvest). Trockenbeerenauslese means individual dried bunch selected late harvest. Indicates picking grapes individually that are more impacted by botrytis.

Great idea if your goal is to ruin the wine.

If I start searching for flavor in Burgundy at the same time I decant my cult Cali Cab, will I find the flavor in the Burg before the Cab is ready to drink?

If I pronounce Sine Qua Non correctly, do I have a better chance of getting on the mailing list?

Am I allowed to drink red wine with Dover Sole?

If Per Se charges $150 a bottle for corkage and I bring a double magnum to The French Laundry, where will the two trains meet on the tracks?

If Two Buck Chuck does not have library wines available for blind tastings (I checked and they do not), where can I get some 20 year old TBC to prove that people can’t tell the difference between that and Harlan once it ages?

Have you ever owned all of the bottles of a particular wine listed in Cellartracker?

Let’s talk about Kagor!

What ever happened to MyWines?

Over the top or under the bottom?
Greatest QB of all-time.

1997?

Highly unlikely. For you, the Cali Cab was ready to drink before it was harvested.