A Holdredge shout-out

Just a quick note to publicly thank John Holdredge for our appointment last week. I was up in NoCal for a family reunion. Some of the folks wanted to go wine tasting,
and I thought it would be nice to go some place other than a large winery. Despite years of back-and-forth Internet discussions, I had never been to John’s winery. We
touched base, and he agreed to meet us at his Healdsburg winery last Thursday. Even though it was just my family, he took a tremendous amount of time discussing
history, his approach to winemaking, vineyard sources, etc. And, of course, it was a fascinating lineup of Pinots; I liked them all but was especially smitten by “The True” from
the Campbell Vineyard. It was especially educational for the family to taste the Pinots side-by-side and see what a difference the vineyard sources made.

So thanks again to John for taking time out of his very busy schedule!

Bruce

I miss John’s insight and humor on the board…

Me too, Pete. He was good at calling a spade a spade…but w/ a bit of humor & a twinkle in his eye.
Please come back, John.
Tom

I visited there once, and was lucky to have John there in person. Great guy, great visit, and really nice wines.

Wait, you mean he is an actual real person?

He sold me a catfish once. It went bad in my cellar.