Bloomberg - The Great Maison Ilan Enabler

[stirthepothal.gif]

In the thread about the Bloomberg article on PC, someone wrote:

I found the comment interesting because I did not follow Ray Walker until the downfall and knew nothing about the genesis of Maison Ilan. However, the comment piqued my interest so I Googled “Ray Walker Wine Bloomberg” and found these three at the top of the search list. There may be more:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2010-07-19/merrill-lynch-adviser-is-seduced-by-burgundy-concocts-his-own-grand-cru

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2011-09-08/ray-walker-would-rather-make-great-wine

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-08-25/merrill-lynch-man-achieves-winemaker-dream-elin-mccoy

I found nothing titled “Oops, sorry about that, we were a bit premature.” Maybe they can hire Suzanne to write it.

Thanks for the links… [thankyou.gif]

They won’t write that story. His start up was a feel-good thing. But most small businesses fail. Bloomberg doesn’t cover those although I wish they’d have covered the closure of the pizza place near me that made excellent Neapolitan style pies.

Walker has emerged as something of a local hero

[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

What a bunch of fluff.
Me thinks he needs to hook up with Drumpf and make some serious money, he has the real estate and money background. [oops.gif] If this is too political, move to “funnies”. [snort.gif]

Ray Walker won’t fail. He told us so.

The next great wine opportunity? Better get in early.

http://www.silverspringswinery.com/investmentopportunity.html

After clicking that link and reading the location of the winery and the writing style I figured there was a 99.9% chance I’d be able to predict who was behind it. Wasn’t disappointed.

I think John needs a lesson in the The Securities Act of 1933 registration requirements for public offerings.

Full disclosure - I have actually been to Silver Springs Winery and my aunt loved his 6% RS white merlot.

Nice job looking for an outside source to place blame. The hype here directly created the buyers here and thus the victims here.

Moi? I don’t drink Burgundy. What do I know?

So Jay help me out ??? We are in zero violation of any investment act …we never took any investors …we have people tripping over themselves who know our product … international Gold across the board… sure people would love to jump on a very profitable business…kick starter of any social network now allows a winery to sell units that hold no requirement for licensing…as long as nobody holds more than 10℅…the units can hold everything but direct ownership of the license…now if you criticize me OK now help me understand your post ?

Thanks

Hey another ice wine blowout two Gold’s and without any VA’s this time pure honey …Riesling …

This.

Sure you do counselor. You even posted tasting notes about both white and red. I submit these three items as evidence:

Sorry John, but I’m way too busy doing that kind of work that I get paid for to give it away for free. That would be bad for business. Besides, you’re the one who keeps writing the stock market thread.

Others helped

Ray is very capable of generating his own media coverage.

Jay,

All I know is a winery can rase money now due to new laws that govern funding … Accredited investors under the number of 500 can own stock in a private placement scenario as long as its not more than 10% … One can offer units convertible to stock at a future date to accredited investors and not required to file sec docs that public companies are compelled to … I read several articles on this topic … It’s a new world… And as for my company no debt increasing sales and no losses since we opened … I have fund managers talking crazy numbers to out cash to work in the FLX … I turned down one fund that wanted me to increase from the 175 acres to 500 Acres … No way not the plan, but I digress … Somehow I ended up on boardwalk and park place in the wine world next to Paul Hobbs … Life is good … Hope the family is doing well …

Salute !!!

Thread drift here but John - this is way out of my area of expertise, but if you have investment people, etc., offering advice, please have an attorney who is familiar with both securities law and NY wine laws look over your papers and help you out.

And not advice on a wine forum.

I post in jest … I was a licensed advisor for some time and know a law or two … I only post because Billie loves me so much… When you view my posts think Andy K , even if I only get the joke that is all that matters… I removed the word stock from our website my daughter placed this up and it missed my watchful eye …

Salute !!!

so bottom line did Ray file for bankruptcy ??? if so what was the damage ? or is wine eventually supposed to find it way to the consumer… ???>… and lastly the Burg dude gave him 97, 98, 99 points did he not ??? was the wine that good ???