NWR: Earthquake in Italy, Amatrice and other villages

By now most of you have probably heard about the earthquake in Italy. Villages hit by it have been almost destroyed. One of them is Amatrice, where the “Amatriciana” pasta sauce comes from.
A food blogger, Paolo Campana has launched an initiative in Italy, which I think could be easily extended worldwide:
whoever orders a Pasta all’Amatriciana in a restaurant donates one euro for the victims of the earthquake, and the restaurant matches it with the same amount.
It sounds like a great idea to me.
Perhaps somebody hear would like to help translating the attached poster and promoting the initiative.
153318960-fae38334-2417-4358-9e49-5f0aa8b8343d.jpg

Just saw on twitter a similar initiative by Maialino NYC, who is donating 100% of their Amatriciana sales to the relief effort.

I hope that many other Italian restaurants in the US who serve Amatriciana will do something similar.

It looks like some LA restaurants are participating in something similar: LA's Best Restaurant Deals, Ranked - DinePercent

Thanks, Peter, great news!

Any excellent plan. We will try to make a huge pot of Spaghetti all’Amatriciana in the parking lot for the Jets/Giants game (you would be amazed at what I can cook from scratch in a parking lot) and collect contributions. Photos to follow.

Great idea, Jay! Thanks!

Umbria was also hit pretty hard…it would probably be helpful to some of the folks over there if some of us were willing to re-stock some Sagrantino in our cellars…and if you don’t know the grape; now might be a worthy time to check it out.

How wonderful! The initiative has spread to Japan and Germany!
164222819-536cbc31-8c5b-4ff2-a52d-ac57f6e4ebcb.jpg
164223595-bb3df191-82c1-4818-a8ca-61c17e19e098.jpg