BURGUNDY Grand Crus - Poll

Which red GRAND CRU is most represented in your cellar?

• Chambertin
  • Ch-Clos de Beze
  • Mazy-Chambertin / Ruchottes-Chambertin
  • Charmes-/Mazoyeres-Chambertin
  • Chapelle-/Griottes-Chambertin
  • Latricieres-Chambertin
  • Clos de la Roche
  • Clos-St-Denis
  • Clos de Tart / Clos des Lambrays
  • Bonnes-Mares
  • Musigny
  • Clos (de) Vougeot
  • Echezeaux / Grands-Echezeaux
  • Richebourg
  • Romanee-St-Vivant
  • Romanee-Conti
  • La Tache
  • La Romanee
  • La Grande Rue
  • Corton

0 voters

And here the poll for the Grands Crus (red only) … NOT the favorite Cru (which in many instances would be LT, RC etc.), but the one with the MOST BOTTLES in your cellar …

Two options for everybody!

Sorry, there were only 20 options possible, but 25 GCs, so I had to combine some GCs …
you may specify all details in the text …

Lambrays, to me one of the best QPR grand crus until the last few years, so my number reflects that.

If Chambertin and Clos de Beze had been combined (as I think they can be :slight_smile:) that would have been my second.

Rousseau Chambertin and Cdb by a mile

Chapelle-Chambertin (which will be no surprise to Fu) solely because of Ponsot from '95 and '07. Corton is probably second because of Bertrand Ambroise’s Corton le Rognet.

Clos de la Roche first and Bonnes Mares second.

Corton
Clos de la Roche
Charmes Chambertin
Clos St. Denis and Chambertin tied

Bonnes Mares #1 (I’m surprised!)
Chambertin Beze
Charmes Chambertin
Musigny
Richebourg

I think what I own has far more to do with which grand crus I felt I could afford than which wines I prefer. Realistically, even though I drink and own a lot of burgundy, if you had asked which grand crus are the best, or my favorites, I would have had to abstain, as there are a number that I have yet to try, or have not had enough examples of to make an educated judgement. I wonder how many of us have truly had enough experience with the broad list of these wines to make this judgement.

Clos Vougeot and Echezeaux biggest number (>50 each) in the cellar and drunk included as I don’t record what I drink. Idem I don’t have enough experience to rank GC as favorites.
Clos de beze and Bonnes Mares joint 3rd in small number (+ both pipped by CSJ if upgraded)

I´m curious who are the two persons who have more Romanee-Conti in the cellar than La Tâche etc. [rofl.gif]

I can somehow understand the low love for Charmes-/M.-Chambertin and Latricieres …
but nobody for Richebourg …? [scratch.gif]

I’m a cheapskate. Corton (mostly Bressandes) by a mile, followed by various others with no significant bottle numbers.

Remember You gave two options to everybody, RC can be second most…

-Or a tiny cellar, with only one GC burg, the RC.

Btw. a nice exercise to count the numbers of different GC vinyards in the cellar. I had a few surprises doing this.
-I use hand written inventory list. Started it many years ago, and see no reason to change that. -Except, it can be hard work, to extract statistic data from paper pages.

-Soren.

Nah Nah I win. Corton.

Gerhard,
I suppose Richebourg is pricey enough to limit people’s enthusiasm to purchase it… while those unhindered may go all out for La Tache and/or Romanee Conti.

Well … but Richebourg is in the same (price-)league as Musigny …

Isn’t Richebourg the Dunn of Burgundy? That’s my experience/impression, and my guess on the low love level.

I had to look it up. It’s Corton Clos du Roi (various) followed by Corton Pougets (latter all Jadot). But if Les St. Georges gets upgraded it will be Les St. Georges by a mile.

My Cortons are

13 Renardes (Michel Gaunoux and d’Arduay)
8 Bressandes (Chandon de Briailles)
6 Pougets (Jadot)
4 Clos du Roi (Chandon de Briailles)
4 Cuvee Dr. Peste (HAG/Faiveley - anyone know where Dr. Peste is)
2 Les Corton (Bouchard)
1 Marechaudes (Chandon de Briailles)

Mature Richebourg can be awfully good. A few years ago, I had a 1971 Richeboug from Gros that was just plain great. Also, I just had a barrel sample of a 2015 Richebourg at Hudelot-Noellat that was stunning.

I’ve much enthusiasm for Richebourg, particularly the DRC example. My disposable income does not support my enthusiasm. [wow.gif]
I voted Chambertin and Corton is a close second. [cheers.gif]