Has There Ever Been A 100 Point Champagne?

For the purpose of this thread, this can be answered in two ways: Has a Champagne ever received a professional rating of 100 points? Or, have you ever had a Champagne that you think deserved 100 points?

Krug 1988 for me with Salon 1996 at 99+.

Salon 1964 from Magnum for me.

I’ll give 1996 Salon the extra half point Alan didn’t.

Parker scored the 1988 and 1996 Krug Clos du Mesnil 100 points. The 2002 Cristal scored 100 by W&S. 2002 Salon was given 100 points by the Wine Enthusiast. One of my favorite reviews by Josh Raynolds was of the 1996 Krug, which he gave 99+, but implied that he really wanted to give it a 100…if only it had been allowed by his publication.

By me (if I scored wines) I’d say Krug 88 and Bolly VVF 90. The latter I had at a dinner that featured 82 and 90 Latour, 82 Mouton, 82 Petus and that oddly great 90 Beausejour, and 01 and 83 Yquem, and it was one of the two or three best wines of the night.

I need better friends…

The 1969 Dom Perignon I had the other night was damn close for my taste.

Ask God though…he joined us for a taste after we popped the bottle.

2 best Champagnes I have ever had were 96 Salon and Krug. Had them on the same night at a friend’s birthday. I knew they were like 99ish scored wines and they were all but perfect in my mind.

1973 Krug was very close to perfection …

I’ve had both on the same night (about 18 months ago) and I thought the Krug the slightly better wine, and close to a perfect champagne. But the Clos ds Mesnils 1982 the same evening slightly bettered it IMO.

The best I’ve had was the 1996 Pol Roger Sir Winston Churchill on 12/31/2010 at a dinner with friends. I really enjoyed Champagne at the time, but it opened my mind to the depth, breadth, and complexity that’s possible in Champagne. I think I assigned it a 97 at the time…but it probably should have been a 100 when I think back at all the great/classic wines I’ve had that still haven’t lived up to that.

I just recently had the 96 Dom Oneo & 96 Krug (with the same friends I had the 96 Sir Winnie) and while both of those were excellent they still couldn’t live up to my memory of my first epiphany Champagne.

The 1996 Salon I had just recently has to be close.

"1996 Salon Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut
Very youthful in colour, fresh herbal notes, spicy lemon, apples. The wine is almost gel like with huge amounts of power, to the point where it is almost overwhelming. The acid profile moves through your mouth like an irrepressible force, with an ebullience, that almost feels alive. You are left licking your teeth and gums to try and overcome the assault. An amazing wine at 20 years of age which completely rewrites the rule-book of how good a champagne can be. "

Tyson Stelzer writes a book on Champagne every 2 years. He seems to give a few 100 pointers each edition

The best Champagnes I have had were 1979 Dom Ruinart Rose followed slightly behind by 1996 Salon. I don’t really rate on points, but it these are not 100 point wines, I would love to taste those that are.

I’ve been fortunate to have friend share multiple 96 & 02 Salon.
I love Krug but Salon is my benchmark.

One for me:

2004 Bollinger Champagne Vieilles Vignes Françaises - France, Champagne
Amazing Champagne from ungrafted root stocks. The complexity of flavors is stunning. Hard to capture what is so great about this wine, but if you love Champagne, you must try it at least once. (100 points)

From: Dinner with Ed Zimmemran, Chris Thile, ... @ White Street Restaurant, NYC, 7/8/2015

Krug 88 CdM - incredible.

96 Bolly VVF

1973 Dom Oenothéque was a 100 point wine for me