Three Clary Ranch w/ Backroads...

Bob Summers was coming thru Southern OR and this time my schedule allowed time for visiting. We went to Anna’s by the Sea and all had charcuterie + cheeses, then Bob I went for the crazy good lamb chops while my step-son had duck and Mel the big salad. Great night revisiting how we met thru our departed friend Greg Meyer and all the fun we had while participating in the Modesto/Merced tasting group. Simultaneously I know others from the group were out gallivanting at Galleto in Modesto, ears may have been ringing.

First time Bob and I sat down at Greg’s great table we started talking about old California wines and new California producers. I told him I loved Arnot-Roberts and thought their 06 Clary Ranch was my WOTY, Bob exclaimed “mine too” so I saved my last bottle for sharing. I added the 08 and 12 for context (can’t find my 11s, they must be in a dark space) and we all enjoyed including Anna’s proprietor, Peter. Just a lovely evening and I think I liked the even-handedness of the 08 the best (had tannin, fruit, bit of meat and whiff of tapenade, smooth finish) but the 2006 was the meatiest, by far. Have half of the 2012 to try later today, this wine still needs cellar time IMO. We started with the 2014 Yves Cuilleron “Les Vignes d’a Cote” Viognier to keep with the Rhone theme as Bob was a busy Ranger in his day.

Bob’s off to Ashland now, safe travels man!
13880322_10206528292027693_3164585527356725033_n.jpg

Bob knows his wines, and his roads!

Even the labels are tasty.

[cheers.gif]

Nice
We’re hoping to host BR again soon.
I think we drank '11 Clary on his last visit. [cheers.gif]

Nice line-up Doc. I drank an '11 last week. Loads of green olive, tart, blueberry, soy… Still has years to develop.

Nicely done gents. I’ve been having my share of A-R thanks to you guys (especially BC).

Greg was the core, I miss him.

Buzz should have the notes up soon.

Cheers!

Man we all miss Greg.

Revisited the 12 tonight and it’s years away for me, just too grapey.

Grab Buzz and your women and drive up.

Miss you both! Last time we were together…Alban tasting…SO SO fun! :stuck_out_tongue: I still don’t know what Bob does or did…he just drives around the Country, drinking wines from the old school!!! And Greg…my one and only tasting at his house…epic…and SO glad I sat next to him and his wife! Missed! :frowning:

Both great times huh? Always special when that group gathered. Gets hot still by you in August right Buzz? Was almost 70° here today!