Scholium party: I pity the fool...

…who missed this awesome event. Abe and the crew pulled out all the stops for this one. Assistant winemaker Alex Pitts held it down on the grill (he used to work at a bistro called the French Laundry, so he handled it OK), while Abe opened a dizzying array of wines spanning just about the entirety of Scholium’s existence (the oldest wine I tried was the 2002 Proserpina).
It was an utterly thrilling event, a chance to try such a broad range of fascinating wines with diverse styles and flavor profiles. I cannot even begin to describe it, certainly no notes taken. Some standouts included the Golgotha, Marcher Sur La Lune, LSB, Sylphs, but many other intriguing wines as well.
To top it off, the barrel room was stacked with an insane array of wines for sale, including rare large-format bottles. For a Scholium adherent, it was a veritable Disneyland. I escaped with two cases plus a couple of mags (and some of the sublime Tenbrink olive oil).
Massive thanks to Abe, Brenna, Alex, and everyone for a delightful day. It was an affirmation of the fascinating history of Scholium, but also of Abe’s magnanimity and eclectic style.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Nice, very cool…

Happy Anniversary! Looks like it was a blast.

Fun. What were the most bizarre / interesting / fun bottles you had?

This was a such a joyous and generous soirée thrown by Abe, so great to see him well and holding court. Goodness I could have bought hundreds of bottles! Just a really over-the-top Berserker-rama really.

I think the best wine tasted was the Chuy Chardonnnay, which simultaneously evoked aged Stony Hill elegance, Marcassin rich lemon & Dauvissat saline. Just delicious.

So glad to refill the 08 Marcher Sur La Lune as we also got to see Graeme & precious daughter last night.

Photo by Nate, terrific to see y’all yesterday man.
image.jpeg

The LSB remains a perennial favorite for me. The various Hudson Syrah bottlings are drinking well; the '10 Golgotha stands out in my mind. Babylon is a great Pets as always, with the '04 showing very well. Unfortunately, it ain’t gonna be Syrah/Pets weather in NorCal for a while!

Back in PS weather desire brutal car trouble en route. 57° and a bit foggy when we rolled in ~ 11 PM.

I see some 04 Babylon getting uncorked later this summer.

Later, as in tonight? :slight_smile: