TN: 2012 Booker Vertigo

Haters gonna hate, as this is definitely a higher-alcohol Paso GSM blend…but for me, it’s damn tasty. A bit of heat on the nose at first but that went away pretty quickly with a short time in the glass, and was replaced with a killer perfume of lilacs, cinnamon, and purple fruits. More of the same on the palate, but the real story here is the mouth-feel. Just a freaking pleasure to drink, as it’s crazy silky and smooth and leaves you yearning for the next sip. I’m drinking a coravin’d pour of a 2012 Linne Calodo Rising Tides (also a GSM blend) next to this one, and I’m digging the Booker more across the board (nose and palate). Some tannin on the medium+ finish suggest there’s no rush here, but for my money, I’ll be cashing in on my last bottle by the end of the year.

Your saying drink the Booker soon ?

I really liked it right now and thought it was drinking really well. Sure you could hold it if you wanted (I still have a few 09s that are doing great) but similar to what I’ve experienced with most CA wines in 2012, it’s damn tasty early on.