2007 Arcadian, Sleepy Hollow, PN, SLH.

I’ve had this wine a couple of times and been underwhelmed, one tasted of forest floor but in a bad way.
This bottle, however, was singing. Deep ruby. Delicate but persistent aromas that include red fruits, spices, ginger, mushrooms. Palate is perfectly resolved and makes this wine way too easy to drink. Was tempted to pop a second bottle, but retrained myself.

Had another bottle of this wine that showed equally well, however, it was topped by an outstanding '07 Jill’s cuvee also from Arcadian. This is a PN blend from Santa Maria Valley. The wine is darker, rounder, richer, and slightly lower in alc. Very reminiscent of Solomon Hill’s fruit as I know it from Ojai.

Those 07s are drinking real well right now, gotta keep my hands off them.

I really enjoyed the bottle of the '07 I had in February and liked the '08, last June, even more.

Very accurate of you Peter to peg this as Solomon Hills as it’s 100% Solomon Hills. Very nice job

You should focus instead on opening bottles that aren’t drinking well right now, Charlie.

[I kid - with how incredibly well Joe’s wines age, you always feel like you should hold them longer.]

Seriously? I did not know that. Wine was superb.