TN: 1990 Krug and 2000 Dujac CDLR

Excellent dinner at Chi SPACCA. Krug was perfect with grilled yellowtail and the Dujac was perfect with the famed tomahawk pork chop.

1990 Krug Champagne Vintage Brut - France, Champagne (6/24/2016)
Medium gold in color. Very rich on the nose and palate with ample honey, stone fruit, and a touch of white mushrooms. There is also plenty of acidity and effervescence in this. Such youthfulness and power but also incredibly balanced. I’m guessing this is on a nice plateau of peak drinking.

2000 Domaine Dujac Clos de la Roche - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Clos de la Roche Grand Cru (6/24/2016)
Double decanted 2 hours prior to opening at the restaurant.

Very pretty floral nose, violets, lot of spice, and red fruit. Medium weight and very elegant. Beats vintage expectations. Excellent.
Posted from CellarTracker
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

nice notes on wines I wish I were drinking. Haven’t seen a bad red 2000 note.

Call?

nope! Off for 25 more days! Bourbon last night, Huet and Ridge Monte Bello tonight–kids’ birth year wines. Out of my box.

25 days off!! [wow.gif] Bring out the BIG guns doc! 99 Tache…some Monty’s…what are the birth years?

Enjoy your time off! [cheers.gif]

92 Monte Bello and an 89 Huet sweetie–le Haut-Lieu Moelleux Premiere Trie. Not off work, just off call!

we should all celebrate when my wife releases me to a wine dinner.

Turned out to be a nicely feminine vintage, didn’t it? [cheers.gif]

can we wait that long?

Not even old school Faiveley Bonnes Mares can wait that long!

Luckily, we don’t have to [cheers.gif]

How was the 89 Huet? I bought some a while ago and sold them before tasting once the fam stopped drinking sweeties…

I’m changing so many diapers I’m hoping to build enough equity after diaper 500 to get released to one dinner.

Fred - thanks for the notes above. Really like the 90 Krug. By the way, is that the last vintage that the label showed the year in large print? If I’m not mistake the next release was 95 and the vintage from then was displayed in small red print as it still is today?

Lol… Yeah, you ain’t coming out till maybe Labor Day…

meh, not my thing, apricot pits and some bitterness, not the great wine I was led to believe was in the bottle. Glad it was a onesie.

Alan, if your sweet tooth is craving a Vouvray that’ll sate it, you should try one of these:

2002 Huet Cuvée Constance
2005 or 2009 Huet Le Mont or Clos du Bourg Premiere Trie
1995 or 1996 JC Pichot Les Larmes de Bacchus

[cheers.gif]

Glad I sold mine off then. No seller’s remorse.