Fantastic New Santa Rosa Restaurant with Great Wine List

There’s a new place in town called The County Bench. It is downtown, and it is the real deal. Super food and an amazing wine list. Best list in the county I think. Definitely worth checking out if any of you all are coming to Sonoma County this summer. I highly recommend it.

Adam Lee
Siduri Wines

Hope the kitchen works better than the website. Too much use of Flash for it to work properly on my iPad. Click on Menu and I get sent to Events.

Got in on my iPhone. No wine list online. Food sounds interesting.

I am sure they are working out some kinks…you can see the menu here: http://www.opentable.com/r/the-county-bench-santa-rosa

But some wine list examples: 2 vintages of older Allemand (on an entire page of Rhones), some 97 Barbarescos, 05 Rochioli Pinot btg, half a page of Sauternes, a great Madeira list dating back to 1906. And on and on…

Adam Lee
Siduri Wines

Looks interesting, and I’m always game to try a new place, especially with a good recommendation. That said, I agree with Brian about the website. Needs some serious work. The copy needs some editing – actually, lots of editing. And is it just me, or is there no address listed on the website? If it’s actually missing the restaurant’s address, that’s a pretty glaring error. Prices do seem a bit high, but if it’s top quality I might not think so. Now I need to get myself there . . .

The three finger thick rib eye caught my attention. Deviled Brussels Sprouts, hmm.
Bruce Frieseke being the chef really excites me as we loved Applewood when he was there. Only downside for me is the location.

Uhhhhhh…Adam…we’ve been told by Heimhof that these “well-currated” lengthy wine lists ar so…yesterday!!! [snort.gif]

Menu looks really interesting. Wish I’d known about it last week when I was out there.

Tom

Better wine list than John ash?
Haven’t been to John ash in many years, I admit

Adam, thanks. Planning on heading that way, Sonoma that is, soon. Appreciate your review over someone’s who has not been there. [snort.gif]

Looks like a good excuse to go back sooner rather than later.