Horrible Hail in Beaujolais

Just seeing reports of this on social media – but it looks awful. Anybody on the ground with more information?

Adam Lee
Siduri Wines

Damn!

I definitely feel for the producers that were affected. Hopefully they make out through the season and come back strong next year

A friend is close to there now and mentioned Morgon, Fleurie & even Chablis took a real beating.

My friend in Regnie says they only got wind and rain there, but Morgon, Fleurie and Chiroubles took the brunt of the hail. First the Cote d’Or with horrible frost, and now this. What a year for the Burgundy region.

So glad to be in Cali the last few vintages looking at all the damage the last few years over there.

There were photos on Facebook of devastating hail in Chablis. I had not heard about Beaujolais.

What a rough year in Burgundy. First the massive frost, now this. I feel for all the farmers effected.

Chiroubles was destroyed as was Fleurie to the west of La Madone into Morgon, some places 100%. Here is a photo of a parcel in Chiroubles (via Les Deux Fleches):-

Chablis is pretty much gonzo for 2016. First frost and then a hail storm week before which took the apex of most shoots and now this one finishing off the rest.

We haven’t even got to flowering yet! Urgghh…

Chablis via Thomas Pico

Andrew, did you mean to attach that " chiroubles" pic, or did you accidentally share some of your cartoon fantasy life?

Not sure I get your drift…

Literally, it is an asian cartoon of anal sex, not a picture of hail. Whilst i could see the analogous " chiroubles just got ass-f’d" , I wasnt sure if you intended such irony.

It’s definitely a picture of Chiroubles vines. Not sure what you’re seeing…

Strange. I see bondage/anal sex cartoon in the chiroubles frame, and then thomas pico chablis pic of vines…
how does that happen?

I love WB [wow.gif]

The cartoon shows up on some browsers. The vineyard picture on others. Weird.

Firefox=vineyard photo
Safari=not so much

:wink:
Chrome, not so much.

I’m using Chrome and I see vineyard.

I am looking at it through Safari on a pad and see the picture of a rutalized old vine and ditto for my macbook…you guys must have something on your machines

I opened up this thread in Safari, Chrome, Edge and Firefox, it’s all photos of the destroyed shoots Andrew was trying to show. Robert, let us see the cartoon photo.