What wines are you serving for your Memorial Day BBQ?

Temps will be in the low 90s and I’ve got skirt steak and a wurst party pack from Brauhas Schmitz here in philly for about 20 people.

For mostly casual wine drinkers, and I’ve got
6x 2015 Ametzoi Rubentis txakolina rose
3x 2011 La Chablisienne Cote du Lechet 1er cru
3x 2010 Murrieta Rioja reserva
2x 2011 Ridge Geyserville

In addition to beer and 2.5 liters of Pimm’s for pimms cup.

What are you serving?

Having a few peeps over to BBQ by the pool. They’ve asked about drinking some zin. Yep…you don’t have to ask me twice.

-2012 bedrock ode to Lulu Rose - Magnum
-2000 vineyard 29 Aida vineyard zinfandel - magnum (excited for this one)
-2014 Turley Duarte
-2013 Ridge Geyserville
-2010 Bedrock Heritage
-2013 Bedrock Dolinsek
-if we’re up for it later on, 1971 David Bruce late harvest Zinfandel Sweet and a 2012 Adaptation Petite Sirah

All California with Flannerys.

2013 Ridge Estate
2012 Lewelling
2013 Becklyn
2009 Provenance To Kalon
2001 Paloma Merlot Magnum
2005 Levy and McClellan
2012 Maybach

Happy and safe Memorial Day weekend to all!

Herbed flatbreads on the grill.

2014 Sandlands Blush
2014 Argyros Assyrtiko
1999 Musar

I had a 99 Musar a couple weeks ago. You’re in for a treat.

90 degrees in the shade, too damn hot to bar-b-que!

Love that 2014 Argyros Assyrtiko. Had it at the winery last October!

I have a few things open:

2013 Carlisle Derivative
2014 Carlisle Petite Palisades
2014 Chidaine Clos Habert
NV Dethune Rose
2007 Copain Kiser En Haut

2009 Myriad GIII cab!

Nice! Make sure you report back on both of those carlisles. Two of my faves, and I’d love to hear how they’re drinking.

Funny the Ametzoi Rubentis was the wine I had in my brain when I opened the thread and there it was as your very first wine.

Unfortunately it is cool and cloudy/rainy here so we may save ours until the 4th.

1966 Gruaud Larose
1966 CLos Fourtet
2015 Scholium crown cap rose
Raffault Les Picasses from mag 2006?
2010 Black Sears zinfandel

whatever 30+ Berserkers and another 30 almost Berserkers bring to my house.

2010 Black Sears zin is my backup in case the Musar fails or we need another red. I last opened this 2.5 years ago and it was very austere. Looking forward to seeing your notes on this.

2004 Felsina CCR Rancia with burgers tonight. It is absolutely gorgeous.

It’s only 97º here and I did go to the shade. Grilled a few things earlier. All I want to drink though is bubby and Rose. I’ve got 3 champagnes, 2 roses, 1 sancerre, 1 riesling, a mix of whites from Orin Swift called Mannequin(?), a couple of zins, a red blend, and some Napa Cab if anyone is feeling that tonight. Guests will be here around 7ish, and the BBQing is DONE. Shower time! Have a good one and don’t forget to remember why we celebrate Memorial day. :slight_smile:

Opened and decanted early this morning a 2012 Rhys Alpine PN to go with homemade buffalo burgers later tonight. Curious to see if I detect any “green” stems or notes.

Lots of grilling, but no BBQ.

The Musar was solid and resolved with a nice fruit core and hint of balsamic…but somehow this never seems to be a crowd pleaser. For wine geeks only I guess. I got most of it I think–no complaints.

Agreed! Snagged it at a business dinner with clients and I’m pretty sure I got most of the bottle. Like you said…no complaints here!

Popped a 2012 Loring Mouvedre from Russell Vineyard. Oh man. Already updated my signature. I want more of this.