Rhys Summer Release on deck 6/7 (including Skyline Syrah)

Looks like some really nice wines. I thought the Skyline Syrah vines had been pulled up and that the previous release was the last I’d see. I’m happy to have the opportunity to buy some more of those. Here’s the lineup:

2013 Rhys Family Farm Vineyard Pinot Noir - $59 (750mL) and $139 (1.5L)

2013 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Pinot Noir - $79 (750mL) and $179 (1.5L)

2013 Rhys Swan Terrace Pinot Noir - $99 (750mL)

2012 Rhys Skyline Vineyard Syrah - $69 (750mL)

2014 Rhys Bearwallow Vineyard Chardonnay - $59 (750mL)

2013 Rhys Anderson Valley Pinot Noir - $45 (750mL)

After reading the notes from David and John’s tasting group, I’m all in! [stirthepothal.gif]
Universally high praises by Allen Meadows, Antonio Galloni, Jeb Dunnuck, and John Gillman (and I like them too).

Cheers,
Warren

Warren,
We replaced the Syrah at Skyline with Pinot after the 2013 vintage, so there will be one more Skyline Syrah after the 2012.

FF and Horseshoe for sure and maybe a bottle of Swan Terrace if I’m lucky.

I’ll be visiting Rhys in a week. Totally stoked!!

Ill be all in but I was expecting this in another 2 months. Is my calendar off or is theirs?

Hope you’re in good shape.
Part of the tour is to climb that giant green bean stalk that grows in the middle of Alpine!

TTT

R.,
We have completed the transition to our new release schedule. Now the first release of a vintage will be in the Fall with the final release in the following June. This schedule should give customers more time between releases and provide more bottle time before shipping. Additionally, it will allow us to pack and hit (sometimes very short) good-weather shipping windows.
This year we will also have a special release of the 2013 Hillside bottlings (Alpine and Horseshoe) in August, which will be followed by the first 2014 release in November.

Kevin, Will there be Hillside offerings for the 2014 vintage? It sounds like this vintage is as good as 2013.

Peter,
Yes, we bottled both Hillsides in 2014 but not 2015 and 2016 is not looking likely.

I love climbing giant green bean stalks. :wink:

The offer is live now.

I don’t see Skyline Syrah in there. Is it just me?

No.

No, didn’t see any Syrah either. Left some on the table this allocation. Grabbed two Bearwallow Chardonnays and two Horseshoe PNs.

If anyone that was allocated the Syrah is passing I’d love the opportunity to purchase it.

Why do Magnums cost more than double a single bottle, surely they should be a little cheaper

Hi Alan,
For about 3 minutes our e-commerce system thought that the inventory on the Syrah and Swan were in another location, but it was corrected. If anyone is having problems just call or email us, or you can try logging out and logging back in. Thanks.

Common situation - magnums require much more hand labor to bottle.

Packaging costs are higher as well.

Thanks Jeff - tried again, still no joy but I just emailed my order to the info@ address as an alternative way to get this done please?