Retailer Check: European Wine Resource

Thinking about a wine with some age, so storage / provenance are of some import.

Opinions?

what i’ve bought from them has been good.

Legit retailer, above the norm.

good retailer, never had any problems

Thanks guys, went ahead with an order

I’ve ordered a couple of times with good pricing and wines received in good shape. Opened a 2006 Tortochot Charmes Chambertin a couple of months back that I had delivered this past Dec-Jan, it was in perfect condition and well received by our burg-centric group of tasters. I really liked it and ordered a few more which they confirmed that they are holding at my request. I would not hesitate to order from them again.

My only advice is with shipping instructions, make sure they get the message. In the little box where they request instructions for your order I asked for a specific shipping date, they missed it and shipped right away. I was able to make it work and there was no weather issue so it turned out OK. Shipping is such a PITA and always seems to be the weak link for me here where it can be 90 degrees, 30 degrees or anywhere in between in January. This EWS shipping issue was minor and I repeat, I would not hesitate to order from them again.

I could really go on a rant here about retailers/wineries shipping whenever they feel like it. However, for the sake of staying on course with the OP,
I will spare you all. [dance-clap.gif]

Great retailer! Highly recommended!!!

Does EWR have salespeople who periodically mail out offersheets/spreadsheets at rates different than their website, a la the old premier cru, style?

Not that I have ever received. They do send an occasional email with futures offers and I seem to recall one that was offering special pricing on Champagne, but nothing like PC, K&L, etc. My understanding from conversations with staff there is that their primary focus is wholesale to restaurants.

For what it’s worth. I live close enough to will call my EWR purchases and so can vouch for storage/provenance. This is an insulated and refrigerated/cooled warehouse that sits on the edge of San Pablo Bay where it rarely if ever reaches temps that would stress the cooling systems. More to the point, I have met the team. Everyone I have had contact with at EWR has been really great to work with, easy to communicate with and accommodating of special requests.

I’m a happy repeat buyer.