TN: 2013 Dirty and Rowdy Pinot Blanc Traditional Method

Really enjoying the new sparkling wines from Dirty & Rowdy.

• 2013 Dirty and Rowdy Pinot Blanc Traditional Method - USA, California, Sierra Foothills, El Dorado County (5/2/2016)
    Bright yellow with tight bubbles. Wiry, with expressive tart fruit with a nutty/yeasty undertone. There is bright green apple flavor that is just smacking and backed with honey/nutty flavor. Finishes with an underlying sweetness as it warms. Refreshing, enjoyable, crisp and clean, just a delicious sparkler.

Posted from CellarTracker

Awesome note Dennis - sounds damn tasty.

I wasn’t able to snag any of the sparklers on the last release but hoping to be allocated some on the next go-round.

Thanks for the notes, Dennis! I passed on everything on the last offer, save a couple of theFamiliar Blanc. IIRC, the sparkling wine and the Pet Nat were the first efforts by D&R?

Thanks, guys.
This is not to be missed next time.
Wish I bought more.
Yes, Drew-first time sparklers for D&R.
Cheers.

Totally agree Dennis, one of my favorite D&R’s so far.

1 Like

Has anyone compared it to their Pet Nat?

Me! I posted in CT but I guess not here when I opened the Pet Nat a couple weeks back.
The Pet-Nat shows more richness, it’s sweeter, more savory. And wide open. More of a fun,party wine imo.
This Traditonal is more serious, edgier, more wound up, more Champagne-ish…fwiw.
My 2 cents

Dennis
I knew I could count on you. I suspect you and I could visit eachother’s cellars and not see much difference outside the architecture.
Cheers,
Warren

[cheers.gif]

Opened a Pet-Nat tonight. Very Dirty-Rowdyesque, i.e. lively and joyful. As Dennis says, a fun party wine. It reminded me a a Vinho Verde with enhanced depth and fizz.

I guess I should have bought the traditional. I opened my only bottle of the Pet Nat last week: both my wife and I thought it was “good-but-unremarkable.” Let’s call it mid-80’s, if we want to talk scores.

The Pet-Nat that I opened was somewhere between a demi-sec and a doux. Easy to drink but something that would have been guzzled by a 20-something frat girl with glee. Really cool smoke element to it but I don’t know if I’ll buy more, it gets expensive by the time it gets to me for what it is.