TN: A great QPR red Burgundy to cellar ...

• 2013 Clos Salomon Givry 1er Cru Clos Salomon - France, Burgundy, Côte Chalonnaise, Givry 1er Cru
    An excellent, value for money red Burg to put away for a few years … Drunk over two evenings. Deep ruby, purple highlights. A gorgeous nose. Ripe and rich. Notes of dark cherries, black plums, kirsch and damp peaty soil with a little spice and dry brushwood. On palate, brisk 2013 acidity on the attack. Also quite tannic, with those fine grained tannins presently hiding the fruit. With ~ 3-5 years under its belt it’ll be a lovely Burg, I’d think. Very good fruit volume. Dense with serious structure. The flavours are black cherry, raspberries, damp earth and iron with suggestions of cassis. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice note, thanks for posting and reminding me that this is a lovely wine.
For Christmas eve dinner a couple of years back drank a 2010 Clos Salomon and I was really impressed. Wonderful fruit and floral aromatics, suave palate, just a delight to drink. The next day i could still taste it on the palate!
Anyhow, I’m hoping this could be a interesting wine to hunt down in 2015 vintage: its definitely got the pedigree and in a nice vintage like that could be great QPR

Agree. I had the 10 a while back and greatly enjoyed it. Only problem was significant reduction that took a while to blow off. Curious if anyone else has had this problem with this producer.

I’ve had a couple of obscure givrys (an 08 and a 97) over the past few months and I was pleasantly surprised by both. Nice humble appellation to be sure.

Guys, I agree the '10 is a very good vintage for Clos Salomon. But, probably, one to keep sleeping a little longer … And yes, I too often see reduction on opening these.

Cheers, Howard