TN: 2013 Goodfellow Family Cellars Pinot Noir Durant Vineyard

I stumbled across this bottle while shopping for dinner, yesterday. I recognized Marcus’ name from discussions here, but had never tasted one of his wines. So, I picked up a bottle to have with some seared Ahi.

2013 Goodfellow Family Cellars Pinot Noir Durant Vineyard
Medium to slightly lighter scarlet, fragrant nose of red berries, some savory spice, and rose petals, medium bodied with nice depth but somewhat tightly coiled at present, silky texture, and beautiful structure for further development. I quite like this wine and expect that it will be better after a few more years of development.

-Al

Marcus makes some great wines, under Goodfellow and Matello.

It’s a style I like, this bottle motivates me to try to track down some of his other wines.

-Al

Took a few days for the 2012 to open up. Good to be patient with these.

RT

+1.

The Chards and Syrah are also worth seeking out.

I have some Pinot and chard in the cellar but no Syrah, I guess that will be the next order. I actually have a box in the cellar that arrived a few weeks ago that I haven’t even opened yet and am really not sure what is in it.

Ha! You must have a lot of trust in Marcus if he’s sending you random wine and you don’t know what’s in it.

We have a 2013 Oregon PN tasting coming up this week. I’m bringing the Goodfellow PN Durant Vineyard and the Goodfellow PN Willamette Valley. I’m hoping they will show well.

Great wines, had the 10 Hoffarth the PNC last night. Delicious.

Al, I am very glad you enjoyed the wine! …and guessing it worked very well with the Ahi? That seems like it might be the perfect protein to go with the 2013 Durant.

It went exceptionally well with the Ahi and some sauteed Chanterelles.

-Al

I was hoping the perfect protein was duck, cause that’s what it’s getting paired with tomorrow.