TN: 2000 Mayacamas Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon (USA, California, Napa Valley, Mt. Veeder)

First bottle corked but second was a treat. I think 2000 is my favorite year for Napa cabs in the last 2 decades for my old world palate. Cool year and cooler vineyard that mimicked Bordeaux. I drink very little Cali cab and stopped buying about 10 years ago but this was a great wine. Of course paired well with steak that also had some ginger and lime seasoning.

• 2000 Mayacamas Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley, Mt. Veeder (4/30/2016)
    After first bottle was corked - opened another. Good thing as this wine was delicious and goes to show how good an off year like 2000 in Napa can be with some time in bottle. Medium to full bodied with mature dark fruits, earth, olive and minerals. Savory and long. Very bordeaux like and a true winner.

Posted from CellarTracker

I have two of these as a birth year wine for my daughter. We will be popping them in 5 years.

Thanks for the note, Tom!

I loved the couple of bottles of Mayacamas Cab I have tasted: 199-? and 2008. To my uneducated palate, they both were American yet distinctly separate from the general flavors found in many Napa Cabs, mountain fruit or valley fruit.