Gruad Larose 1985 - Comfort food for the soul

It’s been a hell of a week. Uncertainty raining on our Island from everywhere. Vultures circling the sky. Natives restless.

I rarely open an old wine by myself but walking out of the office today I walk into the cellar and grab a 1985 Gruad Larose. Have tasted this wine plenty of times before and it is comfort food for the soul. Wow, it certainly did not disappoint.

More than a tasting note this is a reflection on the ability of good wine to improve our mood and alter the outlook of the future, or at least the outlook of the weekend.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers.

Glad to hear about the wine, sorry to hear about the gathering clouds… Be well!

You folks aren’t getting a lot of help from the mainland, are you. Fingers crossed for you, Carlos, and glad the wine provided a respite

I had someone share a 1999 of this with me recently - I can imagine the 1985 was really ready to enjoy.

Go Sox!

I’m pulling for your lovely Island and it’s wonderfully warm people, Carlos. You all have some overwhelming issues but so much to offer. Cheers my friend. And yes, this is a killer wine. Not on the scale of 1986, but worth a purchase.