Cave Dog

I took on a flyer on 3. Anyone else? Has anyone tasted at all?

Made from the same grapes as the Havens Bourriquot which was last reviewed for 2009 by Galloni, and previous vintages were reviewed by Tanzer. Cave Dog is probably the same style

I’m in for 3, too. Bourriquot has always been very enjoyable, I love the elegance of Michael’s wines.

In for 4. I like Bourriquot a lot and have a few 94-96 left in the cellar.

I want to buy, but I’m afraid my wife may kill me.

I’d do three but 25 for shipping on three bottles is too much for me

Worth noting: Cave Dog is NOT the same as the 2009 Bourriquot you note here. The “Havens Winery” brand is not made by me (since 2008) nor was that 2009 wine from the same vineyard source. Cave Dog as of 2014 IS from the same vines I used to make Bourriquot starting in the mid 90s and until 2008. Hope that clarifies!

I bought without tasting as well, which I don’t normally do, but his former efforts with these vineyards were so good it was a no brainier try. Michael - when do you think you will be shipping?

Thank you, Jud! I will ship as soon as possible . . . it apparently takes 2-3 weeks to get a bulk shipment packed and out. And of course I’ll have weather watch in place. So should by all means be by the end of April. Cheers!

I took a 6-er and I’m thinking holiday season 17 to try bottle #1.

In for 4, will try one early with a decant.

In for a 3-some, based on past experience I am excited.

Where are the grapes sourced? Cooler? Warmer micro-climate? Oak regimen?

I am sorry to bury you in questions, but I am familiar with this wine solely via the high praise by others

Drew, try and source some of the real Havens Bourriquot and you’ll understand after you try it.

I’m thinking at least 10 minutes rest from the truck ride.

Pobega Jr.

Hello Michael…Glad to see you’re back and I placed my order today! If it’s anything like your Bourriquot, I’ll be stocking up on it.

This would be a no brainer wine

Older Havens were some of the best qprs hands down

It’s here!

Drew, sorry to have missed this earlier. The grapes are from Beau Terroir Vineyard, which is just southwest of Napa city, off Foster Road, so it is on the cool side. It’s on a hillside that is one of the first arms of the Mayacamas range. For a little more info, check out my (still in-process) website: http://www.cavedogwine.com.