Need suggestions for dessert wine from Veneto.

I’m giving an overview on the region for a local non profit and need to find something sweet to fill out the roster.
I’m trying to keep the bottle cost under $30 for a 500ml (If it’s a 375 or 750 I’ll adjust accordingly).
Recioto of Valpolicella, Soave or any other suggestions would be welcome.

TIA

Maculan Torcolato and Anselmi I Capitelli are probably the most available. Hitting your price point will be tough.

P Hickner

I’ve found the general standard of Recioto di Soave / della Valpolicella to be pretty good and for decent but not silly money, really very good. I also like Anselmi, and would add Roccolo Grassi if you see their wines. Their Recioto di Soave is very fairly priced.

If you can trade up an extra $10, then I do think it will be worth it, but no need to go silly (do not look at Quintarelli prices)

I tried an older 1997 Castellani ‘Il Casale’ [Recioto Della Valpollicella] the last few nights, ultimately pouring it out. I thought it was clunky and uninteresting. Perhaps it was too old, or the producer isn’t a standout. These have too much raisiny notes for my taste.

I don’t care for Amarone either.

Maculan might be the easiest to find. There are some nice Muscats, but difficult to source.

I’d 2’nd Eric’s rec of the Maculans. The two whites, Acininobile and the Torcalato are both quite good.
They also make a dessert red, Cab/Marzemino blend…but I’ve never had it.

I’ve also had some dessert Soaves that were excellent.
I’d also highly recommend the Vignalta Fior d’Arancio, made from Orange Muscat.

Tom