Expensive week...

Today’s Colgin offering, coupled with Screaming Eagle yesterday makes for an expensive week. When you add in the recent Maybach and SQN offerings, along with their respective mags, it adds up.

I’m excite to taste the Colgin IX Estate. One of my favorite wines. Also included was the IX Syrah, which is a wine not frequently discussed, but definitely meriting more attention in the upper end of California Rhone Rangers.

High end problems.

[politics removed by admin]

Thats gotta be a first

Honey can we afford SQN and SE this week

Where is the troll emoji…

90 points good, 91 points better!

Glorious news comrades! The Screaming Eagle ration has just been doubled to three bottles!

We were never at war with the Francophiles, we have always been at war with IPOB!

:slight_smile:

And your point is…?

Wow…simple post, lots of flames. Never underestimate this boards ability to attack anytime and everything. Thanks for the reminder why I rarely participate.

You’re right, Jim. People post all the time about the expensive wines they are buying and their “first world problems” so to speak, but rarely have I seen such ill spirited responses.

Just when you thought all the mailing lists were done out pops another.
Got Colgin also. Not happy they raised the price again to $450 a bottle. But I guess when buying these wines the observers think we are crazy. I love Colgin wines and when we visited the property we got the royal treatment. The property is one of the most beautiful estates I have been to. On prichard hill overlooking Lake Hennesey.

Folks, watch the politics, or warnings will come next.

Jim, I’d be happy to drink any of those wines with you!!!

Not meant as a negative to you Jim. I have the same first world problems, just with different (and thankfully less expensive) wines. Rhys, Littorai, etc. all coming at the same time.

+1 I’ve completely abandoned The Asylum and slowly moving towards the rest.

+1. No flame intended, and I apologize if it came across that way. Just a bad joke made off the cuff. It’s been a crazy expensive month for me too.

I think its a bit of an overreaction.

I dont think anyone was being mean spirited, its just when your buying the most expensive wines made in California its a stretch for people to believe that anyone on a strict budget is buying SE, Colgin and SQN. These are just not wines bought by blue collar people, they just arent

So im all in favor of not trolling or attacking people but on this particular one i think a little thicker skin is called for

Jim never said he was on a strict budget, but having Screagle and Colgin mailers at the same time can make anyone take pause! Not attacking you at all, Alan - I enjoy your reading you posts and your take on things. I just was taken back by some of the responses, when just a couple weeks ago, right around Berserkers day and the influx of many other mailers, there were multiple threads conveying the same sentiment. It’s all relative, and Jim certainly was not trolling. Over the years on this board and the old Parker board, I’ve always enjoyed reading his notes about the wines he drinks, and it would be a shame for him not to share them here.

Jim/Sherri

No big deal, sorry if my poking a little fun was not in good taste.

Maybe deep down its a jealously thing, i only buy Saxum, Monte Bello and other poor man wines !!!

“All the wines discussed here that are bought by blue collar people” that would be an awfully short book.