Snow storm & Pierre Yves Colin Morey Chatenière

Heavy snow storm today in Les Arcs 1950 with winds up to 80 Km/h… snow quality was perfect but impossible to see anything!!! Quite frustrating, so I needed a VERY good bottle of wine to wait for better ski days…

The Chatenière 2014 of Pierre Yves fully delivered and even more… Wow, what a wine!! What I liked most is the style that is getting closer and closer to Coche Dury… this wine deliverd 120% pleasure… so you can’t have enough PYCM in your cellar :slight_smile:

2014 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Saint-Aubin 1er Cru Chatenière
Very nice nose of grilled hazelnuts, smoke, ripe citrus, flint stones, this nose is the closest to Coche Dury style! Delicious taste of ripe apples, citrus, very nice minerality, great tension and fat… I just love the style of Pierre Yves Colin Morey!! (93 points)

Cool! That wine didn’t stay very long in bottle!
Cheers for the insight, am hoping i’ll run into one of these St Aubins soon as well.
Hope the weather gets better, or failing that you find more great wines!

Purchased my first set of PYCM’s with this vintage and have a couple of this bottling. Excited to finally have some in the cellar.

Hi Gawain, yes indeed, I can’t get my hands of these wines… and I do not have so many “aged” ones… I wish you can put your hands on one of these St-Aubins… To me it is the producer who is the closest to the “Coche” style, but even more difficult to find…

Hi Russ, I feel that 2014 is a great vintage for PYCM… and no hurry here, the wines will just get better with age :slight_smile:

Nice TN. Thank you, Philippe.

As it happens, I had the 2010 Chatenière this weekend:

Significant but attractive reduction yields a nose of matchstick and flint, but it is unable to hide the pretty lemon and white flower notes. Medium-bodied and rich, yet stunningly weightless on the palate. This finishes long and pure, with saline and mineral-driven flavors. A wonderful Saint-Aubin. > 92

The well integrated reduction mixed with a fresh yet powerful winemaking style really does remind me of Coche-Dury. Great stuff.