Made it

For the first time in over 3 years there was not a single wine purchase on my monthly credit card bill.

49 days and counting.

To celebrate had a lovely 1990 von Schubert Herrenberg Spatlese at Marea last night.

Okay, that was really to celebrate our anniversary but it can do double duty.

I have a lowish bid in at the upcoming HDH auction but I’ll try to limit myself to that for February.

Slippery, meet Slope.

Perhaps, but it’s only a 3 bottle lot so I can find room for it.

And every time I’ve tried bidding on something similar I’ve been outbid.

Ha! I can outbid you and keep you off the slope, but it’s probably some unripe fruitless watery Loire Cab Franc that would average down my cellar too much. neener

As to a credit card free month, that sounds like an admirable goal. I should try it.

you are an inspiration to all of us. Whose credit card did you use?

lol, well played.

[help.gif] Arnold was wondering about those fraud alerts.

Must be moving to cash economy …

Win
Well played haha

Brian Nishi’s? He’s a real mensch, there’s at least a non-zero chance that I received some of the wine in my cellar due to the generous policy on his credit card.

I’ve tried to do this too, have yet to succeed though it’s been a few as a couple of bottles in a month. You inspire me to do better.

And I cancelled that bid after realizing that I’ll probably be doing a fair amount of buying after Rieslingfeier. Though I’ll try and push that into mid-March.

Mr. Underhill’s AMEX. Want the number?

I envy u…

I need a legal ruling. It has been 10 days since my last wine purchase. However, on February 1, I placed a lowest possible bid on a lot at the Acker auction and I just got an email that I was successful. Does that count as a purchase on 2/1, which means it has been 10 days, or today, which means it has been zero days, since my last wine purchase?

Personally I count it as the date the charge shows up in my card.

you have some latitude, but once decided you should be consistent going forward.

That means it has been negative two days. Ugh.

Doesn’t this mean you have two days to buy whatever you want without affecting your next streak? Just saying…

I was in Wine Library yesterday and only bought butter.

Honestly, I would have bought another bottle of the 2011 Bereche Rose if they had any left but fortunately they were sold out.

Keep it up Jay, and we’ll kick you out.