Poll: Thoughts on the Dacor Discovery WineStation?

Thoughts on the Dacor Discovery WineStation?

• These machines are amazing. I use them all the time.
  • I’ve actually never used one. I’d love to try it out.
  • Wine should be linked to people. These machines are cold and lifeless.
  • $5,000 a pop?! Holy crap.
  • Argon scares me. I don’t want this machine tampering with my wine.
  • Why can’t the businesses I frequent stock these machines with the wines I actually want to drink?
  • I don’t trust them. Who knows how long that wine has been in there?
  • I bought one of these for my home. It’s the greatest thing ever.
  • These machines are a no-brainer cash cow for business owners.
  • These machines are a money pit nightmare for business owners.
  • I haven’t quite formed an opinion yet.

0 voters

Which option(s) best describe(s) your thoughts on these automated wine dispensers? Thanks!
DYWS4__TrimKit_WoodCabinet_1600x1600.png

I saw one of them with four bottles of beer in it at a burger joint. Quite funny.

I have seen them in various locales in So Cal. Sure they are in use in No Cal too.

They have a few larger ones operational at Avant where Hitching Post (and others) is made.

Was on a cruise ship last year and they had 80 units - pretty cool. Wines stayed fresh for entire 11 day cruise. I would love to have one for my home but not for $5,000.

Were building a home right now and I would LOVE to put one of these in…but as mentioned in the post above…not for $5000.

If anyone has one they want to get rid of at a great price, please feel free to shoot me a PM :slight_smile:

I should have become a plumber.

It’s a neat concept, I’ve used them at a couple of locations. There is a wine store in Queenstown, NZ that has a lot of similar pour stations. It allows the consumer to try prior to a purchase. The Centurion Lounge at San Francisco airport has 16 or 20 self serve bottle using a similar system.

More like 5,500.00

It’s only as good as the wines in it. If the wines are good and the establishment has real glasses with which to taste, I like it. If you have to hunt around the store looking for an employee with a card to access it, all in order to get a 1oz pour of a $10 wine in a solo cup, then I’ll pass.

bump

flawed poll- Coravin is better- not even close for the cost.

I’m very intrigued and would love to have one in my home. Just think, you could load up 4 bottles and mix it up all week! It would be especially nice to not feel like I have to finish the 2nd bottle my wife and I inevitably open on a weekend night. It would be really fun when you host a party as well, but would probably get annoying to change out the bottles too often. Does anyone actually have one in their home? I don’t really have a space for it in my current kitchen, but hoping there will be room in my next home. Also room for a cellar too…I can dream right?

Tellin ya…save yourself a ton of money and just get a Coravin. Ideal for short term preservation and the scenarios you mentioned above.

Sadly I own one and don’t use it!