Dec 7: Black Monday

December 7/1941…the day of infamy…when Japan bombed PearlHarbor and drew the US into WWII. I should go back and re-watch the
1943 movie titled “December 7”…a propaganda film produced by the USNavy. It’s interesting…and appalling…to view some of the US propaganda
movies and posters and political cartoons from that era and note how the US public was hornswoggled into demonizing all Japanese people.
Not a proud day in US history. When I see some of the political cartoons today demonizing the entire Muslim population…also not a proud moment.

December 7/2015: Just realized that my Bedrock/Carlisle/Jaffurs orders all ship on that same day. Some 30 cases all in one day showing up on
my doorstep. I’ll have a long/tall/cool one open for my UPS guy. Maybe even Pobega a Carlisle Zin!!! [snort.gif]
Tom

If I had 30 cases arrive at my house in one day (hell, even over the course of year) I’d have to use them to build shelter because my wife would kick me out and change our bank/credit info…

Well, Kyle…bear in mind it’s not all for myself. I put together orders for my group. The hard part is separating out all the wine from the boxes
to the some 20-25 people it’s to go to. Thurs/Dec 10 is gonna be a busy/busy day.
Come Christmas, I take very good care of my UPS & FedEx drivers.
Tom

Good cover :wink: Dec 7 is also baby #2’s due date, but wifey is hoping for an early arrival (like this weekend…)!

Congrats!

Thirty cases - might be enough to sink a ship.

My surgical scrub tech of 25+ years was born 12/7. The OR staff pulled her leg about “day of infamy” on her birthday every year.

Thanks! And looks like my wife will be getting her wish…

Congrats, Kyle!

Thanks, Larry! Baby Beatrice was born at 5:42 on Thanksgiving evening. All back home and resting now.

Congratulations!

Best of luck to the entire family. My mom’s name was Beatrice. Nice choice!

Great news, Kyle. I’d take Beatrice showing up on my doorstep any day over 30 cs of wine…even if it’s Carlisles!!
Tom

Hmm…sounds like a trade proposal.

And congrats Kyle.

Congrats on the birth your second child Kyle!

(now the really fun parenting starts. [wink.gif] )

And, I should point out, Kyle…the effort to care for a 2’nd little one just doesn’t simply double…it goes as exp(2).
Voice of experience here. Try to get some sleep the next few months.
Being a Father is the greatest accomplishment you’ll have in your life…bar none.
On my grave marker, if my kids put “He was a good Dad”…heck…even if it’s “He was an adequate Dad”…I’ll rest well.
Tom

Thanks everyone!

Corey, I think if I traded Bea for 30 cases this would be my last post.

Tom, so far this one is a better sleeper than #1. The holiday weekend has been nice for all of us to get settled and acquainted with our new family multi variable calculus, but we are eagerly awaiting #1’s return to school tomorrow!!