TN: Dinner wines (Carema, Montevertine, Selbach-Oster)

2003 Ferrando Carema White Label (Etichetta Bianca) - Italy, Piedmont, Northern Piedmont, Carema (11/24/2015)
The vintage clearly shows through, as this is rather advanced and shows a lot of earthy character and not much fruit. There is a roasted edge that also shows the vintage. It works well as a food wine, but not a great solo drink.

2007 Selbach-Oster Zeltinger Schlossberg Riesling Spätlese “Schmitt” - Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer (11/24/2015)
Very tight when first opened, but it eventually showed a lot of orange blossom, apple and rich texture. Moderate acidity that surprisingly came out more when the wine warmed up. This has entered a nice drinking window where the sweetness is melded to the flavors, and everything is cleaned up on the finish. Tasty.

2011 Azienda Agricola Montevertine Toscana IGT - Italy, Tuscany, Toscana IGT (11/24/2015)
Rich fruit, good acidity, sneaky tannins and a long, mineral infused finish marked by ripe acidity, makes for a very drinkable wine that goes great with homemade pizza!

Posted from CellarTracker

I have not had the 2003 Ferrando Carema Bianca, but I have loved the 2005, 2006 and 2007s.

Byron

The '03 is not typical based on my extensive tasting of multiple other vintages.

I’m somewhat surprised at how the Carema showed, not that I’m a fan of 2003 vintage, but that I’ve had some really good wines from Northern Piemonte from that vintage. I guess even exceptions to the rule have exceptions!