TN - a white

I guess it happens to everybody. You wake up one day and somehow society has become something you don’t understand any more. There are Khardashians and all kinds of other things that leave you scratching your head. But you don’t want to be an outlier so suck it up and give it a try.

I opened a bottle of 2012 “Blindfold”.

Lots of people like it.

So I decided to post a TN this year.

Serious problems before even opening the bottle. Why the hell would I want to drink a wine that has a picture of some guy chained to a post waiting to be killed?

Oh yeah – it’s edgy. And edgy is cool. Besides, it’s Goya. (As in the painter, not the beans.)

Well then, I thought to myself, why not use some serious S&M with actual photos and please, with blood? That would be some edgy shit! Or the label could be a link and you could watch a snuff film. Now we’re talking about wine! I’m seriously thinking about going into the wine label design business.

But this is an actual TN, so here goes.

Pineapple and melon on the nose, a bit of a grassy note as well. Palate much the same with honeydew and some pineapple and canned fruits. Kind of bitter, just like the bitterness you get when you open some canned fruits and leave them in the fridge for a few days. Big and lacking any detectable acidity. Kind of gross. I looked for the ingredients, expecting to see the high fructose corn syrup, but they didn’t have ingredients on the label. I thought Del Monte private label fruit cocktail had to have the ingredients listed.

As for a pairing, it finally works with lentils, garlic, shallots, a ton of black pepper and some jalapenos. The pepper has your mouth burning and the wine is soothing. Can’t taste it but who cares?

Clean and well-made wine, but what they were shooting for is something I would never want to drink. Much like a Snickers bar, it seems like it’s made in a factory.

Overall - gross. 80 only because it’s clean. I won’t quibble about a few points more or less. Quite honestly, i think it’s crap. Parker 93. WS 89

Parker says it’s like SQN and he wishes there were more blends like this. Actually, the SQN white is more amped up but somehow, in spite of that, is drinkable. This is something more along the lines of the Wagner portfolio - Mer Soleil for example. And unfortunately, as such, it’s undrinkable. But I do agree with Parker in that I wish there were more blends of grapes like this rather than just more Chardonnay. I just don’t want the blends to be like this particular wine.

Nice bottle though. Very graceful looking.

Did it list calories?

This just demonstrates what a generous soul you are, Greg – utter crap and you give it 80 points. Very Christian of you.

I try. But I really think it was your kind of wine. There was a little Viognier in it, and Roussanne and Marsanne, which as makes it very North Rhone like!

Hmm. So you think I’m a gross, canned-fruit-bitter-Snickers-like-factory-wine lover.

That’s not so Christian.