Turley Cabernets "Save the Date"

Turley’s been on a roll lately, and I’ve taken a flyer on the 2010 (calling it “The Label” was one of the better pithy wine names I’ve heard) and the 2011 which came under the house label but thankfully not the house bottle shape.

So tonight I get the save-the-date for the “Turley Cabernets Release”, hoping the “s” on the “Cabernets” was just missing an apostrophe. Nope - three vineyards. I’m out.

I am slightly confused about how to feel about these no-warnings releases.

Yes, the email is their early warning, but I see nothing in my year-round checks on-line for the scheduled release dates for more and more wineries.

Hopefully they have gotten better than the first release.

This, love the zins…did not love the label. Might take a flyer on Dragon.

+1 on the Dragon. Plus, this release is from the 2013 vintage.

Thanks,
Ed

Interesting - allocated 1 bottle each of the Dragon and Monticello, but 32 of the estate.

I’ve ignored the Turley cab releases to date, but figure this would be a good time to buy a bottle of each, for assessment purposes to see if I’ll want to buy more in the future. Prices don’t seem too bad ($44/$65).

I was allocated 24/1/1. I think I am going to pass though. The latest Bedrock and Winebid purchases have my cellar full.

No allocation yet. Got the notice but not the allocation.

24/0/0

12/0/0 for me. I’ll pass though, as I have spent my fill for the year.

Pass for me. The first vintage of The Label tasted like a $15 bottle of CS. Burned once… The zins, though, I’ll continue to buy, of course.

24/0/0 as well. I picked up 2 estates to give them a whirl as I passed on the prior vintages.

24/0/0 and passed. Well over capacity at this point.

I got 24/0/0 also, and decided to pass before reading here.

AG likes them, but the $44 and $65 seem too much when the cellar is approaching capacity. Got the 2012 and enjoyed the first bottle, but it wasn’t compelling enough to dive in.

Any theories how skipping will affect future allocations?

Zin and PS?

32/1/1

Passed on the whole lot.

Got it finally and also decided to pass. Way too many cabs right now.

Also passed, just not a lot of loose change around. It is interesting to see how fast two of the bottle offerings sold out fairly fast but not much chatter on WB for them. Maybe the release was poorly timed?

After the third email, I finally broke down and bought some. The shipping for 2 bottles was only $6. That just does not happen.
I’ve had some of the other Turley 2013’s and they have been outstanding. I thought I should give the cab a try as well.

That is a steal on the shipping, I’d be curious to see some TN’s on these once people open them. Cheers!