Virtual Tasting Series: Compendium 2015 - WB Charity **README**

A Wineberserker Public Service Announcement
The 3rd annual Virtual Tasting Series (VTS) is ready to go. The first VTS for 2015 kicks off the week of Thanksgiving and runs through the following Wednesday giving those time to post a tasting note into the thread. Each week is hosted by a fellow Wineberserker who decides the theme, format, and the charity they’d like to support.

Matching Donations: if you’d like to co-host the current week by matching the donations then just post into that week’s thread “I’m matching” and any terms and conditions you’d like to add. A number of people have requested this and it’s a great idea so have look below and pick a week you’d be interested in matching.

Week__Date_____Theme / Host - Charity

1. NOV21 - DEC2 - Pinot Noir from the World / Frank Murray - Laura’s House $3,150
  2. DEC2 - DEC9 - QPR $20 & Under / Brad Ball… - MN Adopt
  3. DEC9 - DEC16 - Cab from the Around the World / Scott Brunson - SC Flood Relief
  4. DEC16 - DEC23 - Craft Beer Intermezzo / Carlos Delpin - Make a Wish
  5. DEC23 - DEC30 - Make it Something Special/ Robert Alfert Jr - ADA with a Raffle and Auction!
  6. DEC30 - JAN6 - Champagne / David Bueker - Dakin Humane Society
  7. JAN6 - JAN13 - Napa Cabs 2007 or Younger & Wines of TRB/ Jay Hack - The Food Bank Westchester
  8. JAN13 - JAN20 - Pizza Wines / Chris Blum - rescue.org

Here’s the Compendium for the previous years.

2013 Compendium
2014 Compendium

Thanks for getting this going, Brigger. Appreciate your leadership here.

Hey, don’t pick my theme yet, yo. I ain’t decided yet. I may make it more than one varietal!

Napa Cab? newhere

I will take the last week, Dec 30-Jan 6 with $5 per Champagne note for Dakin Humane Society

You got it.

I made this a sticky - great to see it come back

Brig -

If you need any volunteers, count me in. I’d be more than happy to take the holiday week, December 23-30, and do a holiday-related theme, or any other week you need me to fill in. I wanna go bigger this year so will toss in some challenges! May even auction off one of my beloved 2007 CDP 100-pointers, while it may make me cry to lose it, alas . . . . [cheers.gif]

That’s very generous. I’ll put you down for that week.

Only a few more left.

If still open, I’ll take December 2-9, $20 and under QPR wines, MN Adopt (www.mnadopt.org).

All you, thanks.

One week left…

I’ll do the final week.
Cabernet Sauvignon from EVERYWHERE. I’ll donate to flood relief for SC.

Good cause! Done.

Excellent. I need to an excuse to pop one of those few Dominus 2007 Cabs that is staring at me from my storage.

NICE! All set for the big TN challenge through the rest of the holidays. Guys, thanks for your generosity to do this together.

To everyone, this is a fun and easy way you can help raise money for charity. Pick your week(s) themes that you dig, open stuff and post in that challenge period. champagne.gif

Hey Carlos -

Can you give us a head’s up on the beers you import? I’ll go out and grab some for your week. Your recommendations would be great, you know what I like! Go funky.

Lista grande aqui!

http://craftbeerdistributors.com/2012/?page_id=4

If we are allowed to roll into 2016, I’ll take the next available week. My charity will be The Food Bank for Westchester. http://Www.foodbankforwestchester.org My theme was going to be “wines that XXXXXX would hate” but I want to be more upbeat, so instead my theme will be The Wines of Thomas Rivers Brown, which will make the same point without insulting anyone by name. As I did last year, $5 per tasting note and $10 if the ABV is 16% or above.

I’ll go with Three Philosophers from Ommegang in Cooperstown. Let’s Go Mets.

Of course, I’ll add it. Very nice.

Jay, you crack me up but I do respect the fact you checked up and kept this positive. I have enough TRB wines that I can make this work well. But dude, 16%? Oy. I’d rather drink two bottles of TRB wines < 16% and create the same donation result. [wink.gif]